alien skull

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 19 years ago

If you look closely through the alien from part 1's skull, you can see that there is a human like skull with eyes. You can also see it on the Mcfarlane alien 12 inch action figure. So do aliens have eyes that are protected by a shell?

In this war, their shall never be a clear winner. It will go on as long as our universe exists.

Xenomorphose, Undefined, 19 years ago

What skull? The Xenomorphs head is basicly composed of lens-like layers and a green substance that somehow acts as a nervous system that enables the Xenomorph to visualise.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

No, the Xenomorphs visualises in an array of colours, they detect infrared radiation which makes the Yautja's cloaking inefficient against them.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

The helmet-like lens in the Xenomorphs skull is likely to be made from a substance much like photovoltaic cells accept they seek and detect infrared radiation that is given off from an organism's body. Besides that, who believes in spontaneous combustion reacting in our stream of blood?

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

yeah but what about the human skull?

In this war, their shall never be a clear winner. It will go on as long as our universe exists.

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

also the shel of the alien skull contracts with age and almost 'molts' if you will. it acts as an early protection over the rapidly grwoing drone, once the dome is lost the drone is then commonly known as a 'warrior' alien as it has reached full maturity. without the done you can cearly see the aliens posses no eyes at all, but yes, to agree, you can see the eye sockets, this was one of HR Gigers original designs but fox decided to pull the plug on this.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

god i cant type today, too many hours down the pub, again....

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

so they just added the shell to try to cover the eyes?

In AVP the Yautja sliced a Xenomorph's head with his wristblade and it was just like what I said.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

the translucent dome that covers the drones head. the vital organs that filter the bio eletrical impulses and sensory devices are located under the pitted indentations under the alien skull (aliens laberyinth, avp novel)

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

yeah that's why I was puzzled when I saw the eyes in part 1

When the Yautja sliced the head, the innards of it had layers and a green substance layering in between much like a volcano's obsidian.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

no - no eyes. as i said, that was an early desig of hr giger but was sped.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

yeah thats correct xeno, i was just adding my thesis on the dome of the head and how the alien changes in appearance from drone to mature warrior (in essence still a drone but has lost the protective shelling on the cranium)

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

apologies for my bad typin anyone who cant understand m ravings, i may retire to bed in a whle, alcohol is a brain rotter

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

ok guys, i cant take no more, see ya all later.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

see ya dave

predkillersig3.bmp.jpg