Predator research

Karragon, Undefined, 16 years ago

I have an idea for a predator story, the idea is good and I don't think it's been done before, however It's still an idea and I'd like to make more of it, I'd like to get some of it out of my head and on to paper. To do this I need specific information on the Yautja as race, history, solcial ranks, terminology etc. I want it to be correct and I don't want to get things wrong.

I already have alot of the stories in my mind right now, I just need to confirm certain things and get them in some sort of order.

My question is are there any persons here who could answer my questions? or possibly point me into the direction of an accurate predator/alien database?

As an introduction, my Idea is this.

It will be the diary/hunting log of a Yautja elder, translated by a Weyland Wutani archaeologist using the Yautja technology and evidence to translate it. it would be a tale of a single Yautja and his rise from birth to attaining the rank of elder, and documentation of his hunts, his trials, his home, his legends, his battles etc. It would not be in this time, but based on times gone by, and worlds afar.

To me this will be something that will prgress over time, and If I can come to places like this forum and get support and even oppinions from time to time, that would be a huge bonus!

Anyway I've gone on far too much as is, I'll leave it there and await a response.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well, as you may have noticed, there are few "facts" that we can know about the Yautja from movies. But there are some widely accepted stuff that you can find on certain sites, coming from comic books and such. Like the Yautja alphabet, some Yautja words, their family system etc. I don't remember all these, but surely enaugh someone else here does. Even so, there are not many "facts" there, only what you can see in the movies, like weapons, armor, behavior, those you can take for granted. What i'm saying is, you can make up some of the rest, just try not to make it too far-fetched, like giving them voodoo powers or something.

Thats perfect, I can use the factual based stuff off the net and the rest of the movies, anything else I add wouldn't affect any of that anyway.

Thanks for the heads up ^_~

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

This site has the biggest repository for predator information that falls into the factual and widely accepted area. Should be a great help to your story.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehunted/

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Be advised, some of the movies/books/etc. tend to contradict one another.

Thanks for all the info, As far as I can see some things never change within AVP, and some things evolve. It just means I can keep what is already there and add what I want within reason.

Watch this space . . .