PRED1 WRISTBLADE

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

i know that the predators have mandibal triggers on there mask to activate things,but in pred1 he took his mask of and beat up dutch,dutch fell towards the trap he made for the predtor,then the predator opened his wristblade with his mask off.

how is that possible?

HUNT FOR GLORY,HUNT FOR HONOR,HUNT FOR THE MOON

coryssig.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

i always thought that the wristblades were controlled by movements in the hand/wrist. as a safety precaution the wrist must be clenched shut before the wristblades, activated by muscles in the forearm, are extended. it is very easy to beleive that to be true, we have that technology right now. the technology is used on people with prosthectic limbs, especicially people who have lost their hands, and have robotic 'hands' or hooks that open and close, when the proper muscle is flexed or contracted in the forearm.

i also noticed the wristblades changing shape to fit around dutch's head. the only two things i can say is like P R E D said they expand or it was just a 'movie' thing, jsut for effect

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

umm maby it was somthing to do with the golve he wears thats connected to his wristguantlet.

coryssig.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

There is no logical explanation for this as far as I know. The only clue is that the pred clenches his fist as the blades come out

stalker.jpg

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 18 years ago

another weird thing about that sceen is that he pins dutch down in between hiw wristblades but if u look at them there too close together it would impale him!

awsomesig.bmp.jpg

o,i see what u r saying:the wristblades in that shoot where to close together so it wouldnt of caught dutch's head when he stuck his head between the blades..

iam almost positive that there is an explantion for it,i know

coryssig.jpg

Guan-thwei

the wristblades might be able to expand. As for the glove, the preds in AVP weren't wearing gloves so I dunno

stalker.jpg

but they hade mandible triggers,we havnt seen them use the wristblades in avp without there masks

coryssig.jpg

Guan-thwei

good point

stalker.jpg

I have never heard of this idea about the switch for the wristblades in their mask, its but the wristmovment he pulls a certain muscle in his arm and that activates them

F1.png

that seems the most likely explanation

stalker.jpg

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 18 years ago

I always believed it had something to do with him clenching his fist to extend the blades.

angusnewsig.jpg

Leader Of The Shadow Serpents.

yeah,thats true but theres alot more stuff that they have and prolly is controlled in the mask

coryssig.jpg

Guan-thwei

but the mucsle movement just sound too complacated.

coryssig.jpg

Guan-thwei

Nope its really not when you think about it, move a certain muscle and it hits a button and boom, hit it again and then retrack

F1.png

o,ok thanx dude

coryssig.jpg

Guan-thwei

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah because none of them wore Gloves if you see it but in real life with the costume that might be it but in the movie world they dont wear any gloves

~Another female on Da Site~
25200061183.jpg
~Transmission: This is Alexa Aka FrozenAlien~

Well in the movies they have cables that shoot them out, but they are hidden from the camra, now they may use hydralicks hmmm I should look into that

F1.png

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yep good explaination, i have to look that up too and I woulda read that faster but i was busy :P

~Another female on Da Site~
25200061183.jpg
~Transmission: This is Alexa Aka FrozenAlien~

Ancienthunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah its all in the tensity of the Arm because when he wants to retract his wristblades im pretty sure all he has too do is realx his arm and the more muscle or contraction he maks they slide like when he makes afist ready to be used it makes sence i mean why the hell would they wear a glove

22.jpg

you said it otang,but pple dont want to believe it was a "movie"thing they want every thing to make sence

coryssig.jpg