Aliens colonial marines

alienwarrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I cant wait till this game comes out evolving out the crappy graphics and gameplay of the past alien games, this one looks like a winner

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think we're all waiting for this one...

It's looking great so far, the graphics & character models are fantastic. I just hope they can deliver on the scare factor- the marine missions from the AVP PC games were unbelievably tense.

It would be awesome if the put it out early

I honestly don't mind waiting for the release- it only means they are fine-tuning the game to make it even better.

True

But one question i still have is how aliens got on that ship anyway

Peterson, Undefined, 16 years ago

Its simple they probly just snuck on board or somebody thought it would benifit the company.... how does it always happen...

Kirby-Cage, Undefined, 16 years ago

Im also hearing that this is gonna be co-op.Is this true?

Maverick98, Undefined, 16 years ago

i cant finde anye thing about this game dose anye 1 have anye good links for info about it

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Its most probably going to be co op as an option. This game is gonna be fun and show up every modern futuristic action game.

Graf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree, this looks totally awsome. I don't think it will dissapoint!
Now they need to make a predator game like this.....

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

But if facehugging doesn't kill you instantly, that would really be a loss, cos SHIT in AvP i would stay hidden for a long behind corners, afraid that there's a facehugger there! And when i first got to the mission Waterfall with the marine, and i got to a room full of facehuggers, i ran back almost the whole level, i mean pretorians are one thing, but a facehugger you can barely notice and it'll just show up instantly on your damn face, damnit!! Make you jump off your chair!

That would be cool if you were playing with your friend and a facehugger gets him but he dosen't die, then a couple minutes later a chestburster pops out of him. That would really give the real feel of the alien movies

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

Who have played the game, Star Wars: Republic Commando? To anyone who has played it, do you remember that little robot who flies at you, only to start drilling a hole into your head? If you do, I think they will do the similiar thing with that of a Facehugger.

Just explaining my expierences of other games and putting my thoughts down about it. -nods-

killer95, Undefined, 16 years ago

omg cant they create any avp or any game with yautjas
on ps3 but alien are cool to i cant wait for this game ;d

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Found a link just for anyone who wants to see.

Wikipedia: Aliens: Colonial Marines

The info I found makes this game sound promising to me. It looks like it'll turn out great. And itll also be for the 360, so thats another plus.

Aaaah, Jericho style... i already hate the gameplay, AvP3 please!

The fact that you can switch between characters sounds interesting, although I would have preferred some more traditional squad commands rather than body-swapping.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

Its a draw back to avp, and avp2 pc games. I just hope the game is more action orientated instead of focusing on the fear factor. Like doom3, it got annoying after a while trying to navigate through these pitch black rooms and hallways looking for damn keycards.

I'm honestly hoping for the horror route. Not in the Doom 3 monsters-spawn-in-every-room way, but in the way that makes you jump out of your seat & gives you the feeling you're fighting for your life. That was one problem I had with AVP & AVP2...all the tense moments were leading up to an attack, but when the aliens did show up, they'd just mindlessly run at you & you'd gun them down in about 3 seconds after spraying pulse rifle fire in every direction.

I'd rather have fewer "swarm action" moments, & really focus on the surprise attacks of the individual aliens. Like in the new Turok, how dinosaurs appear out of nowhere, knock you to the ground & you have to fight them off before they rip you apart. A gameplay style like that is more interesting to me than just mindlessly gunning down swarms of enemies.

But i hate the swaping thing! I'm more of a mindless gunner (i'm sure my personality doesn't show it) than a teamworker! I like kicking everyone's ass, not taking care of 3 other people! I can't wait for Black Mesa Source... Till then i'll just play Assassin's Creed, no swaping, just one single char. If i control more than one char it'd better be either RTS or MMO. I played Breed. You had a team of 4 there too i think. I'd always end up with only one left in the end and kill everyone with that one. So i guess in Aliens: CM i'll do the same thing. Still, i hope it resembles FEAR, that game was great...