Weapons Not Used In the Movies

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

Hey I have seen this for quite a while but why do you guys think that some of the weapons used in Predator Concrete Jungle the video game were not shown in any of the movies. The only thing I can think of is they were new weapons introduced for the game only. The weapons I'm mostly talking about are the Glaive and the Maul. Any ideas?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

The glaive is just a variation of the combistick or spear. The Maul is simular to the sidearm blade in AvP. They are both just for the game.

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yeah I knew the Maul is similar to the sidearm blade but I didn't think of the Glaive as a variation of the combistick. I like the sidearm blades but I mean personally I like the Maul better I would have liked to see it in the movies.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think the wristblades and the spears are enough. Whats the difference between the combistick and the glaive? They're both spears. Oh wait, the glaive has serated sides. lol I don't see why they just have the "glaive" as a combistick upgrade. It seems no more than a spear to me. Hell, I'd rather choose the weapons for each hunt in that game. I'd like to see them use the "glaive" in the new AvP movie for the spear.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

The "glaive" is actually called a naginata. If you look closely, you can see one at the end of Predator 2, inside the ship.

I honestly never liked the maul though, I consider it a non-canon weapon. It seems more like a gladiator's tool than something a predator would use in my opinion.