would aliens evolve if this happened

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

If a alien facehugged a dog. and then for example: all dogs everywhere went through a genetic change that made them evolve would the alien that facehugged a dog (having some characteristics) evolve in some way too?

There is a first time for everything *wrist blades sliding out*

Deathdrop, Yautja, 17 years ago

Do some research on real evolution. You'll get your answer.

deathdrop1.jpg

predalien45, Yautja, 16 years ago

alien dog that would be cool
but wat if a tiger or a gorilla
or a lion or a bear or if people
found a 2 make dinosaurs like
on jurassic park and facehugged a
raptor

02121992, Yautja, 16 years ago

predalien 45 i'm sorry but what are you saying?

tawganator, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think he is spitballing at all of the possible types of aliens created from a world of many different hosts.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 16 years ago

basicly, we can't make any asumptions on how it will turn, and sence its the Alien's we're talking about, we can't call it "not canon" because way I recall, in ALIENS vs PREDATOR - Requiem, thare is a Predalien/Queen, and before AvP-R came out, the thought of a Predalien Queen was not canon, because everybody likes to think that what we see in the early movies is how it goes, and sence we haven't seen an Alien facehug a evolved dog, or bear, Raptor, bull, superman, what ever, it won't be considered canon untill we see it in the movies.

so my point is, if the xenomorphs had a way to Evolve, they won't need the hosts evolution system to do so.

predatoress, Yautja, 16 years ago

Don't know what you mean by that Black Warrior. Yes, there would be a difference between alien facehugging a chihuahua or Irish wolfhound (as far as I know, don't know how much aliens can compensate the size and feature differences by their own genetic trait) but the alien part itself is the result of evolution making it perfect organism, so if there's no selection pressure to the creature it wont evolve.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yes, i hate you predess, but i agree with you again cos that's what i was gonna say. The alien was meant to be the perfect organism, unable and not needing to evolve anymore. So no, aliens wouldn't evolve, evolution means addapting to new situations on a long term, and aliens are as far as we've seen addapted to any kind of situation.

PapaSmurf, Yautja, 16 years ago

wow BUMP, as far as i know the alien's dna structure is dominant over the hosts when in "born" so y would they evolve and how? no they wouldnt

Secret_Hero, Yautja, 16 years ago

As what I understand at the post of the author. Do you mean that what kind of xenomorph will evolve when it facehugged a dog? To get that straight. Yes, it will evolve into a Drone. A fastest xenomorph.

alienpred1, Yautja, 16 years ago

if a facehugger facehugged a dog all that will happen would be a runner evolving

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

Lmao, Predess, if you look this topic was made about 2 and a half years ago. I still remember what i was trying to ask though when i made this.
My question was more simply put:

Since an alien took some characteristics of DNA from the dog, would that DNA(which was supposed to evolve) still go through its evolution and change the alien, having had some of the DNA in itself?