Question of Endurance

Kidd, Human, 16 years ago

I got a question that I can't seem to answer on my own about the Xenomorph. That question is about the creature's endurance.

We all know, if someone takes multiple, seirous beatings, they will die, correct? Now, how about the xenomorph? Will the xenomorph die, just like a human would after several sever punishments or will it continue to live on, like an insect dropped from the highest floor of the Empire State Building?

02121992, Human, 16 years ago

a xenomorph would probably take a lot of punishment before it dies.

You think so, Feburary? Sorry, 02, but I assume your name is the date of something, so I hope you don't mind me calling you Feburary.

Anyway, we all know that the xenomorph can die by having its head cut off and its body shot up to hell and back. Also, I am not going to forget to mention about the APC, that Ripley was driving in Aliens, rode over on top of an alien, killing it as the tire ran over its head.

x_saysell, Human, 16 years ago

Maby its like a chitin it can take exesive amounts of blunt focre trauma but not much in the way of piercing (rounds from a weapon) or slicing

When I say blunt force trauma I mean in a ratio to its size so it would be able to take more blunt force trauma compared to a man.

Kidd i don't mind.(that's actually my birthday)

killswitch, Human, 16 years ago

lol , the whole alien concept is an error anyway because of what your saying Kid, and your actually rite. The lack of respiration in reality would mean the alien trying to stay alive at the best of times would be difficult, using its extremely advanced method of of respiration involving the dorsal fin woudl barely allow for walking nevermid your query of regenaration after a beating. (I know there aliens , so it could be accelarated to what ever it needed to be to make the franchise work)

After taking a beating its unlikely it would be able to tend to both biological needs in conjunction. + The alien spretty fragile anyway.
In reality
------

But if this were in a movie it would happen what ever damn way the director wanted it too lol, and of course the other problem with the alien franchise is the distance between extremes, the aliens are also portrayes as a specias than can survive in any conditions including the vacume of outer space .... am sure it can manage a little regenaration

It was just a question I thought I thought up of one night and I couldn't answer it, so I posted it in here for you all to answer it for me Killswitch. -nods-

Anyway, thanks for your input so far Kill and everyone else.

lol, sorry. i thinks this is a great topic, i hope you havent misunderstood that.

no problem

but back to the topic, i a xenomorph fought a human it would more than likely survive, against a predator? whole different story.

dont know about that, obviously am about to rob the alien of all its abilities to prevent the following predetermined results as the aliens sures hell aint no walk over species.

Alien vs Human with Gun = Alien Dead

Alien vs Predator with Weapon = Alien

---

No weapons, Human and predator dead.

-
Dont over estimate the predators actual physical strength. Remember the scene were the predator unmaskes itself in Predator and starts to punch the hell out of arnie........ not exactly superhuman strength...... i know if Mikey Tyson punched you directly in the face you wouldnt get up for a week lol
Predators man handling aliens by spinning them around and grapping there throats is a bit of an aliens vs predator special, aka comic book bullshit. I was young and appreciated that sortastuff once, but as regards an actual movie cross over was just stupid. we gotta keep it real. A predator COULD NOT beat the hell out of such a hostile creature as an alien.

Stalker, Human, 16 years ago

Predators have shown to be just as physically powerful as aliens, the advantage the xenomorphs have is their resillience & natural weapons, such as their razor sharp teeth & tail. An expert warrior could potentially take out a single alien in unarmed combat, although a less experienced hunter would fall prey much more easily.

yeah i was going for that experieced warroir could beat the hell out of a xenomorph.

Deathdrop, Human, 16 years ago

It's been suggested by people involved with the first movie that aliens don't live very long. Maybe there's a connection between that and their high endurance?

sounds reasonable.