runner from alien 3

02121992, Undefined, 16 years ago

can someone help me understand about the runner?

1.how is the runner considered a hybrid creature?

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Technically all adult aliens are "hybrids" in a way, because they take physical features from their host & develop them as they mature from a chestburster to an adult. The runner, being birthed from a quadrupedal animal, ran on all fours & was much faster than a drone or warrior, birthed from a human host.

alien-drone, Undefined, 16 years ago

and it grew quicker because it was in a small adult stage from birth

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

The runner's burster grew at the same rate as any other alien. The ox or dog depending on which cut you saw, was much larger than a human. The alien had more room to grow and develop inside the larger body, a human body is smaller so the burster runs out of room to grow much quicker. That is why a chestburster from a human looks under developed in comparison with the runner's chestburster.

thanks for the info.

concrete_hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

runner came from a dog right

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

It came from a dog in the Theatrical cut of the movie, & an ox in the Special Edition.

killer95, Undefined, 16 years ago

what do you mean about ox

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

In the Special Edition of Alien 3 the story is altered. The scenes showing the dog are cut out and scenes showing an ox were put in. That cut shows the chestburster coming out of an ox instead of the dog.

is the alien runner like it was or it is different
sorry for the bad spelling

i mean does the runner alien look like an ox?? or just like the normal alien runner

i mean does the runner alien look like an ox?? or just like the normal alien runner

xenotaris, Undefined, 16 years ago

AVP messed up on their drones because they run as if they were runners.

yes thats true rune like the dog alien

yes thats true rune like the dog alien

PapaSmurf, Undefined, 16 years ago

am i to understand its just a big runner?

Secret_Hero, Undefined, 16 years ago

Runner/Drone. This class of Xenomorph comes from an animal, not humans or predators. But pure animals. This is where the Runner/Drone is evolved.

what do you think a runner/warrior looks like?

alienpred1, Undefined, 16 years ago

Runners birth from quadruplegedd animals like dogs and cows and oxs' etc. It had more space to breed in the oxs' body than a human's body. It's much faster than any other alien. And it can stick on walls much easier.