REVIVE the franchise

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

I figured I would amke a new thread to get us off the ugliness of that other thread.

If you had to bring the ALien and/or Predator series back up to snuff, how would you do it?

02121992, Yautja, 16 years ago

i would have alien back in space and predator back in the jungle.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

I have no idea...I'd probally stuff it up so I'm not gonna suggest any sthing and leave it to people who can revive it.

i see your point Lone-Hunter2.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

A Predator 3 that takes place after AvPR. Writters would have to be the Thomas brothers of course and the director could be Steven Hopkins.

Also another Alien movie. I have no clue where to it would be set in the timeline but I don't think it should include Ripley. Just a fresh breath and great original story but as great as stuff we saw in the Alien and Aliens movies. With Ridley Scott and James Cameron in charge of everything.

After that, have Thomas brothers, Ridley Scott, and James Cameron all work on a new AvP.

Why didn't i think of that?! THE-WOLF IS A GENIUS!

Kidd, Yautja, 16 years ago

I am going to take your question for the subject of AVP, for after all, this site was named after Alien versus Predator the movie.

To revive the franchise, I would forget about where the movie started, all the way back in early 2000. Why? Look at the games! The timeframe of the games started way later than those cursed movies (AVP and AVPR).

The Alien versus Predator should have followed the games, or prior to them. If you go back to the Alien Saga, you will know that the humans were not at conflict with the yautja. The way I would have started it off, I would introduce the yautja during an operation that a platoon of Colonial Marines are conducting against the xenomorphs and start the great war from there.

Thank you 02121992.

About another AvP idea. I adore the plot of the AvP pc games. I love seeing Predators hunting colonial marines with Aliens everywhere of course. But the thing is, I'd miss the old scenerio of Predators in the past so they need to focus on making the Predators fit in the new setting other wise its like dropping the Aliens in the jungle from Predator.

I'd love it to start off with a team of Marines going on a mission of where some facility has been infested with Aliens. As they try to enter the area, the Predator comes down and slaughters them (to have the Aliens to himself) like we see in every Predator movie. Then have the Marines back in their base realize that they are all dead. Then they all come with those tanks and dropships ect. That would be a badass way to start the movie.

who would you have win that battle?

Kidd, Yautja, 16 years ago

That answer is quite obvious... We humans direct the movies, so truely the humans will always live to fight another day.

Really? i would of course have the predators killing and skinning everyone. (to all you predators think about the awesome trophies of marines, drones, warriors, and even a queen.)

killswitch, Yautja, 16 years ago

lol, i wouldnt.

As regards Predator 3, truthfully the movie will never be released, wel certainly not with the plot the die hard fans want to see (Predator Homeworlds n all that shit)...... the only people who care about such details are predator fans who appreciate the great design of the creature enough to come onto forums and discuss, and i appreciate that but unfortunataly for you fox dont / wont release a movie aimed at such a small audiance ... lol they wouldnt fleese enogh people of there hard earned cash so i dont see i happening, the only other alternate is a remake or another movie thats is far to simmilar to the first plots to bother making. either way i wouldnt pay money to see it

Alien Rez, despite 6 years of bitching is now being accepted into the franchise proper and if wed actually cared to take note.... the movie tied the franchise up quit nicely at the end. The aliens are finished, gone , dead , game over man. The only idea thats been thrown around alot is aprequal, which i think is very possible... but wouldnt be made for the same reasons predator 3 wont be made.... i would love to see this movie but only 1 in 20 people would be interested enough to go and watch a movie about space jockeys and aliens lawl.

They could keep it real and just have alien encounters on earth, and simply have the government tie the whole thing up. A good director with a nice vision and a great script in his hand could make that work.

It did always seem pretty obvious that the humans were aware of the alien precence before Alien. i know avp and avpr tie that knot up, but id still like to see the alien franchise do that inside itself, as a stand alone movie series.... i dont want facts from the spin off

It is possible that the Company was aware of the presence of alien life forms on the planet's surface. It is somewhat suspicious that the Nostromo's science officer was replaced two days before the ship left Thedus by Ash, who is under special Company order 937 to investigate and bring back a lifeform at all costs when one is encountered; the Nostromo coincidentally passing by an interesting life form may not have been that coincidental at all. There is a possibility that the Company sent the Nostromo to that particular region of space on purpose, expecting that the ship would pick up the distress signal, be rerouted to the planet, and that the crew would find an Alien there. Ash was brought aboard specifically because he's a synthetic, so he would protect the Alien at all costs and even sacrifice the rest of the crew, if necessary.

that could all be explored from an earlier date perspective.

But odly enough the only one i want to see is the alien one probably becaus eim crazy about the alien franchise prooving these movies are only ment for minorities who come on forums to talk about this shit. Botom line is, unless fox think they can make a large profit outa this... none will happen..

but the thread i simply asking how would you go about the task ... so nice thread DD, glad to get back to posting ways

Great ideas Kill.

Who do I think should win? Its always tough in the movies but it would have to be even. There's gotta be many great battles the Predator wins and there's gotta be the same with some Aliens. Then at the end should be a brawl between a badass Predator and a badass Alien ending with them both killing each other. And of course the Predator clan still alive and the Alien hive still alive somehow. Its gotta be fair so no one can bitch. lol

yeah sounds good to me. ignore that whole predator killing and skinning everyone.(i was tired from lack of sleep)