To dome, or not to dome?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

Do you prefer the aliens with domed heads (Alien, Alien 3, Rez, AvP) or without (Aliens, AvPR)?

I akways thought the domes looked cooler.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I personally love both looks, but choosing only one I prefer the original dome. It gave the creature its sleek look, & made it seem much more biomechanical, rather than the more organic style we've seen in the more recent films.

alien-drone, Yautja, 16 years ago

i like the dome look

old0001, Yautja, 16 years ago

Same her

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

as much as I liked the look of the aliens from AVP-R/ Aliens Im gonna go with the dome look, as stalker said it set the alien look firmly in your mind.so Dome them aliens up and keep it domed.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 16 years ago

Defenantly the Dome. mostly cuz (e.g. ALIEN) you can see the inside of the dome. especualy the eye sockets (ALIEN).

Venom, Yautja, 16 years ago

The dome also lets the alien blend into areas that the rigged head wont, such as disguising itself as a pipe and then dropping from the wall and attacking its prey.

I always kinda thought that it would kinda fit if the rigged headed aliens stayed in the hive were they are best disguised and hidden (Hive resin) and the domed aliens are best disguised out of the hive in ships ect.

02121992, Yautja, 16 years ago

I would prefer the domed look.