Aliens never eat. How do they grow?

hannodb, Undefined, 16 years ago

Although Aliens is a remarkable invention, with a very interesting life cycle, there is one BIG problem I see in its biology : Aliens don't eat.

They grow from an embryo to a chestburster, and then, with remarkable speed, adulthood without ever eating. This can't be, all that body mass has to come from somewhere.

During the embryo stage, it has to feed off its host in some way. The only way for it to grow inside its host without harming him, is if he grows inside the stummach. (Sorry, English is my second language) This would make sence, because the environment in the stummach would compliment its acidic biology.

However, the biggest problem is between the chestburster stage and the adult. That remarkable growth needs to be fueled by something, he can't grow all that much without ever eating. Aliens often kill potencial hosts without actually eating them. That doesn't make sence. Why kill a potensial host other than for food or defence?

Which brings me to the second question. Has anyone ever seen an Alien actually USING those vicious looking teeth?

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

There is a theory that they consume part of their molted "skin", which gives them protien & helps them grow.

As an adult, we have seen them devouring victims in two of the movies. The most blatant example of this was in AVP: Requiem, where we saw an alien eating one of its victims during the pool scene.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Did we forget in Alien3 when the guy snuck up on the Alien eating the guy. Very errie visual needless to say.

alien-drone, Undefined, 16 years ago

that was good he rips off the top of his head and drops him on the floor and eats him