Does Aliens Have Eyes Or Do They Use Senses ???

PredatorClan, Undefined, 16 years ago

Do aliens have eyes or do they use senses ??

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I could be wrong but I do believe they use sense. Lets have a bigger Alien fan explain.

ErdeKaiser, Undefined, 16 years ago

to my knowlege, it hasnt been proven if they indeed lack eyes. There is a scene in the first Alien movie where you see a skull inside the alien, with eye sockets and all, and the creators have said that the creature was more scary without visible eyes. But there hasnt been anything proving either or. The newborn had eyes, but she doesnt really count.

alien-drone, Undefined, 16 years ago

scott wanted the alien not to have any eyes as he thought the alien would look scarier with out eyes and yes they use sensers

x_saysell, Undefined, 16 years ago

The alien dosent have any eyes to my knowlage but I am pretty sure they use pheromones.
They can sence hperemones being emitted from there prey this is how they can detect preadtors in the fist AvP movie and why the alien in Alien 3 can tell Ripley has been impregnated with an Alien queen.

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

If you need to know, and people may correct me, the aliens use pheromones to seek potential host and to detect enemies. This is true for reconizing other aliens of thier own hive.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

They never really gave any concrete info about this in the movies. Giger said that he didn't put eyes on it so "You don't know where it's looking". Key word there is LOOKING.

In Alien: Ressurection, Geidman threatens an alien with a red button that activates liquid nitrogen. The alien turns it's head and seems to react with fear when it SEES the button. There's obviously no pheremones coming from a machine, so I would say they can see.

How they can do this without eyes in anyone's guess...

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well as i've said before, they can probably detect differences of electricity and heat much more easily than any animal we have on earth, since it's supposed to be a prefect organism or so, they probably have very good hearing too, and even if they don't have eyeballs, they could have some other thing to see with, maybe the whole dome is an eye...

xenotaris, Undefined, 16 years ago

Probley their eyes are hidden behind the Dome shape part of the front of their Skull. It can see out of it, but we cannot see in. (Like a one way window/mirror used in Interrogation rooms in various Movies)

02121992, Undefined, 16 years ago

maybe they guess.

Secret_Hero, Undefined, 16 years ago

A xenomorph, do have eyes. If you observe clearly in your VCD front cover with the xenomorph face in the side. You can see a little eye socket, but there's no eye. Maybe, the eyes are in a deeper location in the socket, in my opinion.

that sounds reasonable.

Did the newborn have eyes? I don't remember.

i think it had eyes. if you watch the scene where the newborn was on the betty, in the dim light you just see its black beady eyes.

Yea, i just looked it up, it did have eyes.

But still, i don't think regular aliens have eyes, eyes would just make it less precise. Do you see how many enhancements Predators and humans need to be exact using eyes? And aliens know where you are and what you're doing no matter how many walls there are between him and you.

sometimes i think they wing it.

killer95, Undefined, 16 years ago

stupid can you se any eyes in their creepy faces lmao

Waralien, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hmm... Well its possible aliens may have gone through some evolution changes in the past. Who knows for sure. Maybe they're like the whales who onced used their back legs at one point in time in the past. But this is just pure speculation. But it could go either way.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Off-topic: Killer95, please don't call other people stupid. That's really uncalled for.

Back on: It could be as simple as they never evolved eyes. They might have something LIKE sight, but different, if that makes any sense.

makes perfect sense.

Dronehive, Undefined, 9 years ago

You can't post in q 6 year old thread. Go read the rules.