AvP-R Box Office Performance

the_doctor, Yautja, 16 years ago

according to wiki AvP-R has so far grossed $75,000,000 world wide. now i believe it was somewhere stated that a second sequel would be approved based on AvP-R's box office performance. so do we think AvP-R will give us enough profit to see AvP-3?

AvP made $171,000,000 world wide by the end of it's theactrical run and Fox still wanted to wait for the DVD sales before giving a green light.

however AvP cost $60,000,000 to produce while AvP-R only cost $40,000,000.

so with these facts what is the chances of AvP-R being made?

i think fairly good, given that AvP-R will most likely fair well on DvD and has not been released in a fair amount of countries....anyway what does everyone else think?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Hmm... well... AvP-R could fairly surpass AvP, and if that happens, FOX will surely want more money as long as someone promises them a good selling movie. If it's so, we might just see some calamity of an AvP in 2 years time, or so?

alien-drone, Yautja, 16 years ago

isnt doing bad is it

VULTURE, Yautja, 16 years ago

hey doctor i want to join your clan

alien-drone, Yautja, 16 years ago

it has pulled in loads more money now seems to be doing well

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

All I can really say is I hope they can still have confidense for another one after these annoying bad reviews. I do believe another sequel from the Strause brothers can only just get better. I noticed how they got the Predators back on their feet. It would be in space, so we'd get Aliens back to what they do best. Should be good. Hopefully they'll make enough money. I'm gonna buy the special edition uncut blah blah Dvd of Avpr in a heart beat when it comes out.

the_doctor, Yautja, 16 years ago

i dont really think that bad review really get taken in with franchises......money is golden item...plus i dont think fox would have expected great reviews anyway

predatoress, Yautja, 16 years ago

If they make AvP3 within few years... They'll have Molotov's cocktail shoved up their...

Really. Making a movie takes time and money. Lots of thinking, scripts, planning, preparing. Otherwise they'll end up failing again, big time. Then it's time to give a call to Mr. Laden... *evil grin*