Battle of the hybrids - PredAlien versus HumanAlien (Newborn)

monaroCountry, Undefined, 16 years ago

From the movie anyway my pick would be the human-alien hybrid, its seems to show more intelligence (judging from the various emotions shown)and for me just seems more deadly.

PredAlien

HumanAlien

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

THat would be called a cloned alien hybrid..Its not the actual one, those are aliens, no matter which way you do it. And, that was a cloned one, from riply (sp?)

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

RIPLEY

And anyway, i think it's obvious that the newborn has a more human-like mind and this hybrid predalien from AvP would have no advantage over it. But you never know...

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Predalien seems a lot more agile and aware of what it's actually doing the very moment it's doing it, so I'll go with the Predalien. That, and I hate the Newborn so much that it's not even funny.

That's not to say that the Newborn has no way of winning... It could easily overpower the Predalien and knock its head off.

But some facts:
The Newborn also seems to be fast, and stealthy, at the same time. It chased Ripley down the ship without being seen, and actually getting there before her.

The Predalien doesn't seem to waste time when standing alone...

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Predalien would probably win. The Newborn killed the queen with one swipe. Preds are strong enough to hold a Queen (keep in mind the queen from AvP was much larger and stronger than the one is Rez) using only a chain.

Aliens are stronger than humans. Preds are stronger than aliens. Predaliens are stronger than Preds.

Hence, the Predalien is probably MUCH stronger than the Newborn, plus a good deal faster. It also has plenty of extras that the Newborn lacks, such as mandibles and a tail.

That and the Newborn is like a small child. It's aggression is more like a temper tantrum than anything. The Predalien was just a monster, plain and simple. It has a killer instinct that the Newborn can't match.

That said, my hope is that they both rip each other to shreds so we can pretend they never happened.

True that the queen in Resurrection was in a vulnerable position but even so I still think that it was the stronger and the more evolved of the queens.

Aliens are definately stronger than normal humans, but the cloned Ripley wasnt your typical human (even pre cloned), with some new nifty powers like strength, speed, agility, acid blood, regeneration, psychic ability and a connection to the hive.

I from the limited footage of the newborn I wouldn't be able to comment if indeed it was faster/stronger. But I would say that it would at least match it with both the preds/predalien.

I do agree with the lack of tail which would put it at a disadvantage. Still its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages. Even at a young age the newborn was more curious and showed cunning and understanding i.e. lifting the door on Betty (the ship) and not bashing itself through, closing the door to initiate launch, and the ability to follow spoken (human) directions.

True that the queen in Resurrection was in a vulnerable position but even so I still think that it was the stronger and the more evolved of the queens.

Aliens are definately stronger than normal humans, but the cloned Ripley wasnt your typical human (even pre cloned), with some new nifty powers like strength, speed, agility, acid blood, regeneration, psychic ability and a connection to the hive.

I from the limited footage of the newborn I wouldn't be able to comment if indeed it was faster/stronger. But I would say that it would at least match it with both the preds/predalien.

I do agree with the lack of tail which would put it at a disadvantage. Still its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages. Even at a young age the newborn was more curious and showed cunning and understanding i.e. lifting the door on Betty (the ship) and not bashing itself through, closing the door to initiate launch, and the ability to follow spoken (human) directions.

xenotaris, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think the Queen in Alien Rez was weak because she was a Hybrid Xenomorph/Ripley DNA. Making the Queen weaker than your Average Health Pure Breed Xenomorph Queen you seen in Aliens and AVP.

concrete_hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

i think that they would kill each other, like the wolf and the predalien in avpr

02121992, Undefined, 16 years ago

predalien all the way.