Aliens vs Predator Requiem Pros and Cons (EDIT)

Venom, Yautja, 16 years ago

EDIT

This topic has been turned to pros and cons

alienwarrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

are u crazy this movie was great wat did u want michael jackson to appear and start dancing

Alien92, Yautja, 16 years ago

hahahahahahahaha! that was a good one.
*tears*

Are you high on drugs or something, that film was a complete mess! I mean the intro wasn't too bad but the rest was ridiculous, and by the looks of it it was something you were after. A childish trash film.

shadowatching, Yautja, 16 years ago

alienwarrior <===hahah good one

and for the poster of this place. I actually thought it was excellent, passed all my expecations and worth watchinga gain. But, i don't understand a part wehre the predalien, gave the pregnant women xeno's to "give birth to" but, hey, what' did yu expect, them to say "ok, this is what's happening so far, or did you understand that" no, they expect you to understand it your own way. Like i did mine, and I want to know what a female pred looks like..but, I think taht's out next time -nods- But, if you ddin't like it, that's your own fault, but so far everyone that watched it loved it -nods-

I'm..just..so.. disappointed

*crys.

I mean the idea was good, and the creature design was excellent but i just feel this film was a letdown. i mean i got it, but it should of had a more intriguing story other than.

people went missing
ahh towns under attack!
'people are dieing........we need guns'
escape then KABOOOOM!

the end.

.:THE FILM WAS NOT ORIGINAL:.

alienwarrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

ok you have your opinian and we have ours but i will admit the movie let down on a few points but overall it was great

ah well, the only reason im angry at the film is the same reason daveberg was mad at the first,

XenoHunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yeah,I thought this was the worst movie ever, Go buy Ressurecction its five times better.No seriously,do it.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don't know why i expect not to like this movie as much as i liked the trailer... Can't wait to wach it!

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

This Requiem haters are REALLY pissing me off!! The movie was great!

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ok, time for a few ground rules. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on AvP:R. Everyone has a right to express said opinion. Let's keep things reasonable in here, Ok? I'm seeing way too much hostility.

PhoenixPhyre, Yautja, 16 years ago

Hi all. I'm new to the site but am an avid AVP reader and gamer for years.
I liked the movie, yet- it was wrong in soo many ways. And, i DID love the first movie ALOT LOL. Will use it as background into what was wrong with second movie :
In the first movie I thoroughly enjoyed that we see the ancestor of the Android that plays soo much in the Aliens movies - that he makes the startling discovery that "Predators" were on the planet from ancient times. To me this increased the time frame to many thousands of years, from the original movie when Arnold team meets them.
Also enjoyed the idea that it was done in a "remote" area, not easily gotten to. ie: the normal way Predators keep things to minimum, to hide thier hunts.
The second movie then takes up after the ending of AVP. Starts out great, seeing the ship, etc (no spoilers here folks that haven't seen it LOL). The fight is great but too short, esp when you concider that when that craft took off, the scene prior showed scores of Predators watching the battle betwn the pred/female and Queen.
This was the first screw up. They had a great premise for the movie, harking back to the original alien movie! This time the Alien would be against those Preds on ship. But nope...they crash the ship.
They send in the seasoned lone wolf....and man what a Bad #$%# he was!! HE was what I remembered from the first Predator movie. And this guy was armed from head to toe. When he arrives and you see he is both trying to clean up a bad situation AND intent on taking down the foothold of that pred-alien it was great.
If the people that made this kept it as that: Alien vs predator....it was great! It was when they made the human elemnt the biggie that this movie went downhill fast and muddled it.
toward the girl being taken out by shirukens..Hey! You see a BIG battle in front of you, things being thrown....Any moron, myself included knows..You GET down and hide!! LOL (ok..so one spoiler :P)
The ending was rediculous. All I can figure is for some stupid reason they brought in the ancestor of the asian woman that would become a human-adopted predator in the books. If I remember rightly, is not her last name Yutani?

My grade on the movie....a "C". Vs the first movie a "B".

PhoenixPhyre

navyspaz, Yautja, 16 years ago

There is no perfect movie,

I actually liked AVP R, If you strongly focus on only the bad parts like this, of course it seems bad.

There needed to be a little more Predator scenes, and maybe some more Predators besides just one.

The humans needed to realise there were aliens there killing people a little sooner.

Only part I Really didn't like, was when the Predalian impregnated the already pregnant women in the Hospital...

but like I said, today, they can't make a perfect/original movie like the old Alien, Alien(s) and Predator 1.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

The movie wasn't the best but it also wasn't complete trash! Of course it had bad parts, what movie doesn't? I really enjoyed it and you need to realize that if you are waiting for something on par with the originals then you will be dissappointed.

Cystic, Yautja, 16 years ago

I never understood this: the predators mission was containment right? he was eliminating evidence right? we was cleaning things up right? then why did he kill that dude then hang him up. that didnt make since to me. then he shot up the power plant CARELESS. even in the beginning the whole reason they crashed in the first place was because that one pred shot the ship up. The aliens were unstoppable and in a word RAW. the predalen pregnant woman thing i didnt understand. That is totally new as far as im concerned now i could be wrong and correct me if i am. other than that the predalien dominated. The action is the only thing worth a dime in this movie. in fact. the action was sick! it had little substance. but satisfied the raw factor. the predator and predalien fight scene could have been longer and more climatic. Was the predator honoring his clan when he disarmed himself to fight the predalien? that was kinda cool and i wanted to see how good the pred truly was. but KABOOM.

TheDrizzle1212, Yautja, 16 years ago

The movie was definatly a not a good one. it was way better than the first, it had some cool fight sences but they where over to fast and you couldnt see anything that really pissed me off. But blonde was really hot lol. I would only buy it unless it went on sale for like 10 bucks. If u havent seen it dont waste your money just rent it when it comes out. you have been warned!

Kidd, Yautja, 16 years ago

I have said this before the movie came out on the 'big screen.' Bu the what I read from people who thought AVPR was bad, I said,"Don't get your hopes up on how good the movie is going to be." It appears that you have and was really disappointed in it.

I have nothing to add, nor am I going to say if the movie is good or bad for I have not yet watched it.

Now... I wonder what sort of topics will pop up, talking about the movie, and most of all, wonder how many people will start showing up to this site thanks to the movie. -nods-

shadowatching, Yautja, 16 years ago

I loved all avp movies so far. And all the preds, but aliens, sorry but i seem to fall asleep watching yours. But, off of that. I watch the movies to answer my questions of "Who, waht, how, and why" and the only one that isnt answered which is a long standing one is "hybrids, and female yautja's" so far, the movies have answered my question. I don't watch it for how "Great" it is, i watch it for how intresting it is and the CGI it does. It could of been worse, i don't be pissed of how bad or how good it is.

I will say this, "Could of been worse"

Nitras, Yautja, 16 years ago

nothing else to comment besides give my opinion i guess it wasnt to bad i do agree that the fight scenes were to short and i really dont get the hybrid being able to inpregnate that chick doesnt make sense

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

lol at least he is getting people going even though it is totally wrong