They mostly come out at night... Mostly

pvthudson, Undefined, 19 years ago

What makes the alien and predator movies so fun and interesting to watch? And why do they hold up to todays movies so well?

We got Nukes, Knives, Sharp sticks

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

well, lets leave pred films out shall we as they didnt really hold up to the alien films. reasson the alien films are so popular is because they are part of cult following now, such as star wars or star trek, there is a massive fan base for the aliens hence one of the reasons they decide to ditribute more movies, also despite the pathetic mess that was AVP, the alien franchise as a whole has earned a huge sum of money in the box office.

daveberg.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Deathdrop, Undefined, 19 years ago

Pred 1 is certinly worth watching. Just the whole feeling of humans being hunted like animals, it's just great. Pred 2 was pretty good, I thought. Not as good as the first, but still. Alien is also an exellant movie. Alien Ressurection was Ok. Not great by any means, but decent. AVP was horrific. A mockery to both franchises. Haven't seen Aliens or Alien 3 yet, but I've heard good things about Aliens.

Everyone is insane. The ones in the nuthouse just got caught.

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

YOu need to see Aliens deathdrop it is the best ever!!!!

All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen

well which movie was worth watching AVP Alien vs.Predator or Aliens.

Aliens is great, It gives a whole new look to the original alien movie. It also took aliens to a whole new place with the queen, you will never see a better queen than in Aliens. The whole idea of the cocky marines going in for a bug hunt that get hunted by the aliens is great. The movie which was a throw back to the vietnam war where we were over confident and went in and it was a completely different story. Alien 3 is great as wel but mainly cause of what they did to the alien, how it is a quadroped(sp?) and how it can run along both the ground and the cieling. The camera effects kinda show an idea of how the aliens would see is good. It's amazing that alien 3 actually came out as good as it did with all the problems it went through. If you were to watch alien 3 before any other film you probably wouldn't like it that much, but as an addition to the story line of aliens it's a good story. The theatrical version isn't as good as the special edition. Alien resurection is a good idea, but it's just a push too far with the whole cloning and the cross over dna. I think if the story was done without the alien, it would have been better.

but is there a Alien 5 movie coming cause I heard someone say about that movie and about Predator 3

They have talked many times about both ideas of predator 3, and alien 5, but the last thing i heard all ideas have been shelved.

is it coming out Alien 5 and Predator 3