AVPR, NATIONEL GUARD

delta-boy, Human, 16 years ago

in avpr when havoc erupts in the city the nationel guard are called in why?, if their was real contact with 'E.T's' wouldnt usmc or special forces(delta-force,SOF or rangers) be called in to evacuate the area,
i know in the U.S of A (not from their,im irish) the nationel guard are called in to protect citizens in america but in real life i think this would be a disater no offence to nationel guard but they would not have the training to deal with xeno's or preds, or in real life.

thearson, Human, 16 years ago

If that were true, then why would any of the other services have the training to deal with an Extra Terrestrial? If you look at it this way as well, the national Guard have all of their combat equipment stored locally at the armory, so if there is no military base around the national guard may be a better answer for quicker reaction. Finally, you have to also look at the Iraq situation currently as well. So many National Guard soldiers have been deployed and now come back with combat experience. I'm pretty sure they are the right guys to call.

delta-boy, Human, 16 years ago

yes you do have a point about quicker getting reafy to move in locally but still my point stands,
also nationel guard arent the only ones who are in iraq.Like say blackwater mercenaries

The-Wolf, Human, 16 years ago

No one knows these things are E.T. Infact, I highly doubt they know the Predator is there, only the people who see it in the town. Basically, all they know is there's dangerous animals from the sewers spreaing through the town and killing people. Just because they are E.T. doesn't mean they are going to know that. This is all my educated guess.

darkwolfofhate77, Human, 16 years ago

you have a point there.

Karo, Human, 16 years ago

lol no kidding eh? If something like the Xeno's showed up coming out of the woods in some isolated town, we sure as hell wouldn't jump to the ET conclusion very quickly, especially since they're not sentients lol I mean, how did they get here if they're aliens? lol Assuming they are unaware of the Predators of corse. Although they aren't as the Fed's were well aware of them from the end of Predator 1 on, the only reason that didn't come up in AVP is because the US government/military had no idea what was going on.