how does a alien gatherer.....................

delta-boy, Human, 16 years ago

ive always wondered how an alien drone stuns its host and brings back the host to the hive for impregnation, does it yous its tail???

predator428, Human, 16 years ago

Second mouth or tail, I don't know where they hit them without killing them or doing major damage but the directors of previous movies have decided to keep an air of mystery around that.

PREDATORv2, Human, 16 years ago

With the alien's strength, they can easyaly just knock a host against a wall making the host lose consciousness, maybe the tail has a stunning ability, I dont think they use their inner mouth, unless they want to kill the host. Most likely for humans they simply pass out during the capture and transport to the hive.

predator428, Human, 16 years ago

I thought that in AVP Sebastian was incapacitated by that drone's inner mouth, like it was hooked in his back. I never really liked the idea of the aliens just slamming them into a wall, it seems too simple.

I do remember that stunning tails were a concept for Aliens. The tips were suppose to rip off their tails and stick in victims like a bee stinger.

-Bloo-, Human, 16 years ago

Hitting them hard and specific enough to simply knock them out is what I always thought it was.

DeathWraith, Human, 16 years ago

Well i think a huge black eyless creature taking a munch out of your shoulder is enaugh to stun you until you are glued helplessly to a wall, eh?

black_warrior, Human, 16 years ago

I always thought they wounded their hosts with the inner mouth or tail and then the shock of the creature and/or some blood loss would take care of loseing consciousness.

ash, Human, 16 years ago

Well if you look at the design of an alien, what parts of its body look like it could do no piercing damage to its host, just a gentle smack on the side of its tail would be effective, maybe they use there hands? they do have them who's to say they dont just take the host out cold with a sleeper hold (kidding) but yeh aliens arnt dumb and im sure they dont use there inner jaw thats an aliens last resort when in a fight or a quick kill ^^

alien-drone, Human, 16 years ago

either its tail or hitting people on the head with its hands

It's usually seen doing something with its second jaw, though... Maybe that's just a dramatic effect.

Except the wound could also result in death, best bet here is the shock of the alien, or the alien knocking-out the captured host

TNPanzerfaust, Human, 16 years ago

If you read the book for "Alien", the drone's stinger is indeed used to incapacitate victims. "Aliens" was the first to use it as a weapon as such, even though the first Alien used it to attack the mechanic (Brett)- but not as a whip.

black_warrior, Human, 16 years ago

There is the "host turning into an egg" thing on the first Alien. I remember someone saying that was done with the alien's tail.
Maybe the aliens could switch their tails between "turn into egg" mode and "stun" mode.

Then I'm pretty sure the second jaw thing is only to creep the audience out.

That, and its great for sneaking up and giving an unsuspecting human or predator a nice surpise of instant death.