Alien FPS

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

I've heard some rumors of a alien first-person-shooter game coming out, you being the marine sent in to clean out an alien investation. If they go through with making such a game, what new marine weapons would you like to see in it?

I'd like to see a fully automatic shotgun, like the Jackhammer, but with 99 rounds like the pulserifle.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'd like to see another sniper rifle even though its completely userless against quick Aliens.

That game sounds great but I hope they stick to the theme from Aliens.

As a fan, I hope they have more to the game though.

If your good enough with the sniper rifle you can even get those little buggers.

I'm actually hoping their going to do the same thing with this as they did with the Tomb Raider Anniversary, its a remake of the old Tomb Raider using all the new technology. If any of you remember the old alien FPS for pc, the name escapes me at the moment but I'm sure daveberg knows it. Anyways using that as their starting point and improving on it.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

It would be cool to do the queen battle in an acid resistant suit of power armor. It could have a chaingun on one arm and a blade or chainsaw attatchment on the other.

I would also like to see something like the maulers from Halo 3 (pistol sized shotguns), or some type of submachine gun like an MP5. A handheld chain gun like Blaine's might work but I don't know if you should sacrifice that much mobility in an alien hive.

Also, a sniper rifle wouldn't work well against aliens. They would close the distance between you and them before you could hit them all.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

A sniper rifle would be useful in tight situations. I've found that to be on many FPS games, even for very quick enemies, because they usually stay still if they don't know you're there, and even then it would be useful.

Hmm... let's see... A better knife. Either that or what Predator said. A remake of the Alien Quadrilogy (trilogy?) game would be kind of cool.

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 16 years ago

The game you were thinkin of is Alien Trilogy ;)

I can't wait for a next gen Alien game, one with better physics and seeing aliens move smoothly in a game would be amazing.

Agreed that a sniper rifle would be handy.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

well to be honest AVP2 the computer game had a nice count of various weapons and I don't even know how you could improve upon that without getting too crazy. I will play this game if it comes out lol because all Alien and Predator video games are pretty much awesome lol

Zwecky Bloo thanks for clearing the title up. That is the game I was talking about. And there are plenty of ways to improve the weapons without going nuts, I'd even care to see an enegry weapon, like a nuclear powered pistol from the Quake 4 game. Dont have to use the AVP2 pc games for a base for the weapons, I'd like to see maybe a chainsaw of some sort, I dont know how useful it would be against aliens...splashing acid everywhere.

TNPanzerfaust, Yautja, 16 years ago

I agree; AVP2 did it pretty well (even though the graphics look *really* dated now). It had a good balance to the races. There wasn't one you could play and feel invincible at.

The original was fun too (AvP) but 2 did a good job of bumping up the weapons (like the SADAR) and pushed up the polygon counts on the models, which went a long way. 2 also had some good multi-player modes, one of which lets you eventually play as the Alien Queen. Its a rush.

If you're just looking for a good FPS, I'd try it. Even the single player missions were decent. We're going to break it back out and have an AVP2 LAN party before we go see the movie to get in the mindset. ;)

I agree with you, I hope they change up the weapons though, if anything I really think they are going to add energy weapons for the humans, not as advanced as the predator weapons. Just have to wait and see.

Energy weapons... Reminds me of some bad idea some kid made up on Youtube... "wat if preds had lightsaber wristblades? awesume! :D"

Thats just retarded, what I'm suggesting is simple energy weapons for the humans, meaning no lightswords or phasers. Like a said before a nulear powered pistol, or a lighting gun, something of that nature.

Vampyrik, Yautja, 16 years ago

Lol. Ah my days on AVP2: Primal Hunt. I was the best player on there or atleast one of the best. I as always top of the board when ever I played so I prosume I was the best, Till the day my AVP2 disc broke and my laptop got a virus and I had to restart, Never played it since.

I used to run one of the most active guilds on that game. The Zeta Site Hive, Wonder if it's still going with one of the other members taking over ??? Lol. I dunno, Anyways, That's how I found this place. Looking for some homepage for AVP2 and found this place. One of my ZSH members came here once and never returned. :(

Oh well, That was back when that game was all I cared about on the internet. Lol. I now run a much larger world wide clan called Anarchy, Which our forum seems to be dead by the looks of things.

Oh yeah, i could use any weapon and race appart from, I think it was Heavy Predator ? And Ancient Predator, They were way to slow for my liking, My best times were when I was playing alien, I would play the servers dry because I was so good. Lol. Then I got bored and went at a Marine and when I got hold of that sniper rifle, Believe it or not i never missed, One shot killed everyone. A true pro on that game and I can't play it anymore cause the damn disc broke.

Anyone, Enough of my ranting about the good old days. Lol. ^_^

Yeah, you picked the wrong topic to do a monolog, that post had nothing to do with this topic, and frankly I'm wondering why you posted it here.

Vampyrik, Yautja, 16 years ago

I saw some others talk about AVP2 FPS so I thought I would have my own say. Isn't this a forum were people can talk ? Oh and I am also sure the title does include the word FPS (First Person Shooter.) and AVP2 is a FPS so to my knowledge that was infact on topic. :)

Anywho I highly doubt there will be an Alien FPS, I mean how will it be constructed ? What would be the aim of the game, Usualy there is some sort of mission to FPS. Yet I am sure I have heard that rumour somewhere, Yet as we all are saying, It's a rumour and rumours should never be believed to be true untill proven to be fact. ;)

I wasn't making fun of your idea, it's just that whenever I hear/read 'energy' the first thing I think of is lightsaber. And that actually is a quote from a fanmade lightsaber duel from a comment on Youtube.

I actually think the energy thing could work.

Yeah I got that bloo, I saw the itatlic for the qoute, I'm just giving my opinion on the topic.

Vamyrik your last post was a monolog,

"I saw some others talk about AVP2 FPS so I thought I would have my own say. Isn't this a forum were people can talk ? Oh and I am also sure the title does include the word FPS (First Person Shooter.) and AVP2 is a FPS so to my knowledge that was infact on topic. :)"

Yeah this is a forum where people talk about avp but you dont go into a certain topic and post whatever you like, you were talking about how you use to play avp2 and how go you were and how much you liked it Saying a tad bit about the weapons.

We're all talking about new weapons and you come out of the woodwork and post a monolog, felt like I was reading a passage from your biography.

This quote proves my point exactly:
"Anyone, Enough of my ranting about the good old days. Lol. ^_^"

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Aaaah cmon, he`s pretty old on the site, he`s not someone who needs to be disciplined.

So anyway, what was this topic about? What to kill aliens with in the new Alien FPS or so? Well i would like to ba able to shoot gas out of the flame thrower on the floor and light it for a short period of time so that if there`s an alien coming at me it`ll come out burning, which i don`t know what good would do to me, but i`d like to have that.

A firewall barrier.. I like the idea, I'd like to see a sticky grenade, it explodes producing a blast wave of stick goo that sticks the aliens to a wall, for capture or an easy kill. Like duck-taping an M80 explosive to a bottle of Wacky glue.

"Aaaah cmon, he`s pretty old on the site, he`s not someone who needs to be disciplined."- I wasnt, just stating the facts.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ah, and you know that skeeter launcher from AvP Gold? I really liked that weapon. It wasn`t really useful, but i really liked it and i`d like to have it in this game too. And i`d like something that shoots some rotating discs with which you can cut limbs off them, or even the head. I always liked flying circular saw-blades...

I dont have AVP Gold so I'm missing out, but it sounds like a cool weapon. I always thought, and I'm crossing over to pred weapons, but you know the predator2 disc, well I thought you could make it a complete and solid circle, with holes for your fingers to go in and then have a rotating saw blade in it, causing even more damage. As it would start spinning sparks would fly off it and it would make this terrible screeching sound, lol