AVPR Updates

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

Alot of new updates have been shown so I will meldge my other ones into this topic. The links are in order from top to bottom.

First, a new international trailer has been released. It shows babies in a hospital and more predalien shots at the end.

Second, a new interview with Greg Strause has revealed some new facts. AVPR will bridge the gap between it and Alien showing human advancements in technology. There is also a new predator weapon, retractable armor plating that folds over the wolf's hands to allow him to punch through walls. There is also a new breed of warrior facehuggers that will produce Aliens style warriors. That explains the larger size and darker color, it also shows that there is a real difference between drones and warriors. There is also going to be a large facehugger attack in the sewer.

Third, there are three new production shots from the movie. The first is the predalien vs the Wolf, the second is the Wolf in the hive, and the third is the wolf on a roof in the rain.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2007/0-9ABC/AvP2/trailer.php

http://alienexperience.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=960

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 16 years ago

Great finds mate...as always.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

OH DAMN!!!

"AXP: And touching on the reproduction; can you elaborate at all on what’s been dubbed the ‘regurgitation’ method of reproduction the Predalien uses?

Greg: Yeah, the regurgitation… I touched on this a bit at the L.A. comic convention a couple weeks ago. Regurgitation is improper semantics. Regurgitation meaning you eat something, and then digest it partially, and then spit it back up. I think a more accurate way of describing the Predalien reproductive cycle is that the Predalien has a method of impregnating people with an egg. And it doesn’t involve regurgitation. Regurgitation would just be the wrong term. But there’s definitely a delivery mechanism that I don’t want to give away, that the Predalien can inject people with eggs.

AXP: So this is a full embryo, next stage is chestbursting?

Greg: Yes. And we don’t really know how Predators reproduce, so we have license how to define some Predator aspect to this. It’s partially Predator DNA that allows this reproductive method."

So what he`s saying is that this way of reproducing is a trait the predqueenshitlikethingy took from the predators???

My queen DNA thing is starting to look better...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

God... It looks like they're going with the "Preds don't have genders" crap from that one book if that's how they supposedly reproduce.

Here are some pictures from the december edition of Fangoria. I don't know who the skinned guy is but I think the girl with her guts hanging out is the waitress from the trailer.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=9324.msg165277#msg165277

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

Whats wrong with that, deathdrop?

Doesn't sound that bad to me. Although I do like to think of them as males, the ones we seen in the movies so far.

but this is what my brother has to say but not hes exact words:

Concidering that this vomitting embryos is how Predator reproduce, that explains why their mouths look like vinginas but even worse, imagine, if they have genders, how they have sex.

Its kinda funny to me but I'll stop being imature because Predators are awesome.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

I agree with DD its moronic, as much as I dislike some of the AVP and Predator books, even they include the fact that predators do have genders. I just dislike the idea of making the preds like this.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

It's been a while since I have heard anything about this Predalien egg implantation nonsense and to be honest It kinda bothers me. Like, is it that these guys must take their creative license or what? To be honest I don't think a sequel in either franchise has made a leap this unnecessary since the "Newborn" in Resurrection, and I think that bothered me less lol but I reserve my final judgment till I see the film obviously and I'm sure it will be modestly entertaining at the very least. AVP was lol

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Although a majority of it was disappointing, AVP was entertaining. Like the use of 'fuck'. Some of it was unessecary...

Anyway... My thoughts on that whole reproduction thing are that it shouldn't really matter, but I don't really like the idea that they reproduce through their mouths. That would make their other areas completely useless, unless... Well, other than what I'm thinking, reproduction through the thraot makes their other parts obsolete.

Unless (this is a different reason) they just do the 'other way' for fun.

Now this is just getting stupid.

alien-drone, Yautja, 16 years ago

i think the fachugger attack sounds good but it is strange hearing of a predator with gender

I was looking for some costume making tips and found these pictures at the hunter's lair. Behind the scene shots of Ian Whyte suiting up in the Wolf costume.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4879

damn it must be hard to work in those costumes!

I hope Ian has studied a little more on how to act like a Predator. It was excusable since the AVP trio were unblooded, but in this movie the Wolf is an experienced warrior.

Wow, you can get anything on ebay. Two pictures of AVPR concept art, only 147 US dollars! Now we can see how the brothers made the avp ship interior much more Predator 2. I wounder why those preds are loading the facehuggers on the ship? And in the second picture do the aliens look shorter to you? Anyway, I hope the first picure makes it into the movie.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160186678481&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:CA:1123

Actually, it's true. I was once looking for fossils of a specific cat on ebay and one of the hundreds of results was "petrified waste" (also known as a literal ancient piece of crap).

Who knows why the Facehuggers were being loaded. Maybe a trade item to other clans for blooding rituals.

Wow, if that`s the "new world" they`ve been talking about, then that`s one hell of a spoiler, the first picture! Great find!