Wolf's Scar

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don't know how the Wolf could have gotten his scar without the acid completely burning through his head. It looks good and it gives him character but it doesn't make sense. Is there some kind of chemical preds carry around that dilutes the acid for emergencies? Or does a predator's blood help stop the acid from burning through them completely? I know that the blood eventualy stops on its own but that would be way too fast to cause Wolf's scar.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

All I have to say is... it is fictional.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ever noticed how when they mark themselves, the acid doesn`t burn their heads off? I`m guesing most of the acid disolved his now missing mandible and the rest was not enaugh to burn his head off.

That was just a drop of blood from the finger. I assume that when he killed that particular alien that scarred him, there was a lot more blood coming from it.

I still stand by my assumption. Maybe it was just an amount thrown at hum by a hurt alien, like Grid did in AvP. He may have tried to dodge and so the amount was not lethal. But it did disolve hos whole tooth and left a huge scar.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think they do have a chemical that stops the acid, so maybe he used that before the damage was too severe.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I really doubt anything stops the acid. I think we would have seen it in the first AvP if it did exsist. I don't see why it can't settle on how acid stops eventully and doesn't burn forever. It appears that Predators have rough tough skin, I'm assume the acid could only burn so much of it. Its a pretty gnarly scar but I think Alien's acid blood shouldn't be treated as so deadly.

Actually i just watched Alien again and there it is shown that alien blood stops being corosive within seconds after it is spilled. So there`s the explanation. It`s not supposed to be deathly, just deffensive.

I think that the hull of ship would be more resistant to the acid than flesh, and that burned through plenty of decks on the Nostromo. And what about Drake in Aliens? It didn't look like the acid was stopping any time soon when he got splashed. It probably is defensive but meant for much hardier and more dangerous animals, not the weak flesh of humans and possably predators.

It`s not about how resistant it is, the blood is only acid for a few seconds and that`s how many seconds it took for the scar to be made after the whole tooth-like-mandible was disolved. We have no idea how hard predator flesh is compared to the floor of the Nostromo and it doesn`t really matter. Acid doesn`t attack like a maniac whenever it can, it just reacts with what comes in contact with it.

Angus_Alien, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, maybe his mandible was torn or pulled off as his face was uncovered during a close combat battle.