Trophy Collecting

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

In Predator the predator is on the hunt for trophies. I haven't seen the movie in a long time but I am pretty sure that he skinned Hopper's squad and Hawkins. Then he took the skulls of Mac, Blain, Billy and maybe Poncho. Since he is hunting trophies shouldn't he take the skulls of the people that put up the most fight and skin the easier ones? In both movies he does the oppisite. Blaine and Mac didn't put up a fight and in Predator 2 Willie and Jerry didn't fight better than the jamacains or columbians. How do predators decide weither or not to take the skull of their prey?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm thinking he took Willie's skull because he knew he was important. The jamacian gang and drug lord. I'm not a Predator but I think thats something special to collect.

In Predator 1, I think he was interested in collecting the whole squad's skulls. Thats what I collected when they mentioned the squad to be depicted as the most dangerous animals on Earth which is human soilders.

Jerry did do a bit of fighting with the Predator. I used everything on him, hell, he even through what appeared to be a golf ball. I think thats more of a fight than some others.

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

well i think that the easy stuff they skin and harder things (like Xenos) they skull there behavior in the movie im guessing was Random and the Writer wasent going in any really pattern you now?

Blade_Monstrona, Yautja, 16 years ago

I agree with Cory the only reason that the Pred took King Willie's skull is cause he was a leader he was unique.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think they would take the skulls of all those honourably killed if they had time, and they skin just random people to mark the hunting grounds and when the hunt is over they return for those who were skinned to take the skulls.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don't know, if I was a predator I would take the skull of the guy I stabbed not the guy I shot in the back...

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well I'm no Predator either but I would guess that the Predator would take the skull of prey that actually put up a fight you can see that in the movies to back that up. But I link this to Predator: Concrete Jungle. Think you collect the skulls os Seritur Houngan, the Dead Man Triads, Bruno Borgia, Hunter Borgia, Monster Squad, ect. But El Hongo, he was important he was a leader but still you only skin him. Why because he didn't put up a fight. All the others that I mention plus the Bad Bloods they all put up a fight leading to their death.

In the movies he took Billy's skull because he took a sword, cut himself and I would guess but up a fight. King Willy he had those two swords and it seemed like him and City Hunter had a fight before his skull was collected as well. Being a leader could have had something to deal with it but it depends how challenging the prey was to kill. Again in Predator Concrete Jungle despite El Hongo was an important leader but he just ran away which made him not an honorable kill. Plus in the movies the Predator's seemed to be hunting their prey which they would have collected their skulls because Harrigan and Dutch definately were honorable trophies.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

true but in the begining the irish mob boss also put up a fight but got skinned as well so that kinda stuffs up that theray...sorry mate. good thought though.

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

Not really he was the same as Hongo you just hit him twice then you can skin him. The others you have to kill them in a battle where they have that full heath bar.