Predator Scattergun?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

According to wikipedia.org, there is a Predator scattergun which is the handheld version of the Plasma cannon once it is detatched from the Predator's back. As the quote says from wikipedia, it fires a net of energy. Could this be replacing the netgun? I would really hate to see the netgun replaced this way. I had high hopes for seeing the netgun return in AVP Requeim but I guess it might make better sense for it to be energy or plasma seeing how the Predator's job, this time, is to destroy all evidense of the Aliens instead of pinning them onto walls for display.

Anyways, this is the quote:

"Scatter gun
In Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem the Scatter gun is part of the Plasma Caster. It is a last resort hand-held plasma gun that fires a net of energy out to a long range."

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

Are you sure this is real? It is wikipedia after all. Sounds kind of cheap like the blue vile thing.

Blue vile? You mean the stuff the Wolf uses to melt down all traces of the Aliens? ...that was confirmed by the brothers.

I wouldn't doubt it (scattergun). I know wikipedia has a bad rep but the bullshit that gets edited on there changes in no time.

Blade_Monstrona, Yautja, 16 years ago

And besides I saw the netgun in the Trailer so it can't be replace it

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don`t see why he couldn`t use both. They are both useful in different situations, so even in an extermination mission, he could take both.

You saw the netgun? Where?

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I already knew that the blue liqiud was real, I just thought it was a cheap plot device.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

They have to advance the weapons with each film to some degree, I mean I didn't mind the new throwing disk in AVP. It looked brutal and violent, what more do you want?

I think once they get a weapon to perfection, it should stay that way. I thought the netgun was just fine in Predator2. Maby with a makeover and thats it in AVP R, I'd be happy.

Leandros8, Yautja, 16 years ago

Netty wetty go bye bye?no no!mesa likin netty wetty!