PredAlien - Love it or Hate it?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I want to get a good discussion on this. Everyone spit out their thoughts of this creatures exsitance.

XenoHunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

totally lovin this killin machine!

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

It's alright. It's not something I love to hate nor hate to love. I just hate how some people think it would side with the Predators, I mean, the Runner never sided with all things quadraped (other than other Aliens). What I also hate is that many people think that just because it's an Alien and a Predator put together, it automatically makes it god. It is NOT all powerful. It's simply a hybrid. There may as well be many species that can produce a stronger Alien breed than a Predator.

Yeah, I think people are mistaking it for a god because its a young Queen.

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I personally think the predalien is quite good. The design they've gone with looks great in my opinion, although I honestly hate the "predalien-Queen" idea.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I know that everyone wants the predalien to have predator features but I think it has too many. A human's skin is lighter than a predator but a human born alien has darker skin than the predalien. I can understand the dreads, maybe the dna code in a predator has a very diverse configuration to a human. Maybe dreads are just a larger part of the genetic code of predators then the hair of humans.

There is a nother theroy I have been toying with. What if queens actually take more traits from their hosts than other aliens? The only queen we have seen is a human born one so maybe those queens only look like that because they came form humans. Until now, we have never seen a queen that has come from a different species so we can't say for sure if a queen doesn't take traits from her host. Maybe that explains all the predator traits in the predalien.

On the topic of the overall predalien desgin, I think it looks like what a predalien should look like and I am glad I finaly get to see it in a movie. If my theory is right than it can explain why it looks how it does, but I still like it either way.

Leandros8, Yautja, 16 years ago

*Buzzer*wrong,well ok it is kinda cool.but the dreadlocks?seriously what's up with that!.im not saying it's bad im just saying preds aren't born with dread locks.at age 10+ the mold it into dreadlocks in an extremely painful ceremony.but the overall design looks pretty solid,really organic,i like that!but i think it would be cooler if it were on no ones side.i mean sure it's sortof like an alien,but in reality,it's half each.it's no more one species than it is the other,so why is it on the aliens side and not preds.id rather have it be on no ones side.plus it's not a god.it's only going to kill many preds because fighting fire with fire is good.i mean it has some predator traits so it's like fighting another pred,equally strong,equally flexible,etc.but it also has alien things,stealth,accuracy,speed,etc.so it has better skillz so what?

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

What do you mean "sort of like an alien"? It is not half pred half alien, it is an alien with a few predator traits. It would make no sense if it was a rogue, because if that was true then the runner would help out dogs and the warriors in Aliens would side with humans. Also, the only reason that the predaien kills so many predators is because it is a queen.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well now we don`t even know how many preds the predalien killed, it could have simply sabotaged the ship without attaking anyone. And about the dreads, since we see how aliens don`t get the hair from humans, but they do get the dreads from preds, i think we could assume that they are actually not molded in a painful (painful?? what the hell is painful about molding hair? it should hurt like crap when you get a haircut) ritual or so, but that, as the other thoury says, they are apendiges made of meat not hair and maybe they have some use that we will never care about.

And now about the predalien. I love it. The predalien is my favourite.

AS FOR THE AVP-R PREDALIEN, i couldn`t hate anything in that movie more. It is wrongly made and it turned a significant part of the movie into crap because that crappy predalien looks like crap. I have already compared it to several things and i have also eaten those things right after comparing the predalien to them. That predalien resembles everything i could hate the most about that movie. It has wrong mandibles, wrong dreads, a wrong colour and a wrong tail. Basically, it looks nothing like any predalien before it, and i will consider it a kind of newborn, but worse, cos the newborn has a nice face in my sig. For what i care, it could even be as ridiculous as Leandros says it should be, it`s not of my interest what the hell happens to it.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

love to kill it.

Blade_Monstrona, Yautja, 16 years ago

don't love it but it's the best Alien i think

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

If the Wolf gets killed by that sorry excuse for a Predalien, I'm going to ask for my money back.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Maybe not. Maybe they both seem like they kill eachother, and at the end of the credits, the Wolf is seen walking around his fellow Predators with a deep cut somewhere...

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think a lot of the images look great, and as for the ones some of us find questionable, i guess we won't really know how its gonna be till we see it.

Bah, I am able to enjoy the PredAlien. I think it looks very fine and I'm not going to care just because (if) it kills the Wolf. I mean, he's killed the rest of them pretty much, healed himself already and whopped the Predaliens ass a few times I've read, we all see him uppercut it anyways.

swift_knife, Yautja, 16 years ago

i guess it's ok but i'm a predator fan so if anything
so i really don't care i just hope it don't kill wolf

predator_wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

actually i hate that idea of an predalien because the have combined a tiger and a lion that liger cant live out its to slow anything like that and the predalien cant just be good from every sites to the alien are made from humans but its hard to tell

x_saysell, Yautja, 16 years ago

I am rather undecided on the predalien, I think the design is incredable and very well thought out but I despise the whole "young queen" think, yes I know it was an attempt at expanding the Xenomorph gene pool so to speak but I couldnt stand the idea, especialy when I heard about the embryo emplantment and also I hated the fact it was hugely exatrated as to what in many fans eyes it was capable of, as the predalien has always been portrayed as little more than a slightly faster and stronger warrior.

Although like I said the desin was good

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Now that i've seen the movie, my opinion on the predalien is, surprisingly, exactely the same.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 16 years ago

What do I think of the Predalien???

I FREAKIN LOVE IT!

What Do I think of the AvP-R Predalien???

I like it, although I hate the idea of its reproduction cycle. however I do like the design, its just too bright in color, I would have perfered a All-Black paint job with some red mixed in. I would also have prefered Glowing Acid Blood. it should also have been 8ft tall. I would have liked the idea that it can carry hosts with its Mandables. but thats just my dumb idea.

I would only like the idea of a Rogue Alien or Predalien if theres was the following causes for the bug to go rogue...

1. Alien or Predalien human experiment.

2. Memory assimulation.

3. Bred as a bioweapon, or turned Cyborg.

though I might like either one (gets beat up by other members for liking ideas). the only ones I can find most plausable is 1 and 3.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

Love it - lol ever since I first heard of the concept of a Predalien hybrid, now its in a film - awesome