how does the alien detecht its prey

voodoopred, Undefined, 16 years ago

how does the alien detecht its prey

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Xenomorphs are said to be able to detect the pheromones of any species and make a difference between them, like sniffing, only more complex. I don`t know for certain of any other ways the xenomorph detects pray. Ofcourse it`s obvious that the xenomorph is very aware of his surroundings, much more aware than a bat, even though it has no eyes, or maybe it does, but anyway, i don`t know how they "see". In games, the so-called "navigation" vision looks very much like a sonar type of seing, but games are not canon.

voodoopred, Undefined, 16 years ago

sombody told me they have liquids in there head and they sense vibration with the liquids. because they can feel the liquids vibrate and then determen were the vibration came from.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was thinking the same "vibration detection" thing, except without the liquids........because bats do that dont they?....and they dont have any liquid except blood in their head.

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

I am pretty sure that is ecolocation. An alien could use any number of senses such as infared, smell, pheromone detection, simple sight or a combination of these. A movie has never explained how they detect prey and they probably never will so all we can do is guess.

Leandros8, Undefined, 16 years ago

actually they can detect many things coming from an enemies body(Smell,light,etc.)and they can detect it.it is said that they can see green outlining on preds blue on humans and red on fellow aliens.of course the exact colour they see isn't totally accurate.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

Thanks Pred428, i had a hard time thinking of the ecolocation name. But i would think it to be one of the most reasonable answers.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

If it does see, the way it does somehow gets it to see in a way humans do, like in Alien 3...

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I say it detects its prey from its sense of natural instinct.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well however you want to explain it, plenty of real predatory animals have extensive detection abilities. Snakes for instance. can barely see but catch their prey with extreme precision. That is obviously due to an over compensation by the other senses it has available to it.

Xenomorph90210, Undefined, 16 years ago

Xenos screech alot like a bat so the screech probably detects phormones in the air and brings it back to the xeno so it acts like a radar that is probably how it happens.

What does noise have anything to do with pheromones?

Xenomorph90210, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hard to explain so look up bats on google

Bats use ecolocation, they screech and listen for the sound once it bounces back to look for objects that might have rebounded the sound. It has nothing to do with pheromones.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Pheromones are microscopic particles, not even bats could detect the sound that bounces off a microscopic particle, not to mention that the sound would only make the pheromones vibrate along with it in stead of bouncing off them but whatever...