What could have been...

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

Some of you may know that Dave Dorman was the first person to desgin a predalien. A recent interview shows that he was suppose to do the predalien desgin for AVPR but was turned down. Here is a part of the article.

"I was hired by 20th Century Fox/Dark Horse Productions to develop some Predalien creature designs for the (then viable) first incarnation of Aliens v Predator. I did a number of designs, including the one shown here. Well much to my surprise here I am looking at my designs, in the flesh, so to speak! I have posted here my original designs and the photos showing the quite distinct similarity!... Last year I had approached the filmmakers about doing some design work for them. While they were familiar with my work they declined to have me involved. Now I know why!"

Which one do you like better?

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I personally think Dorman's design was quite good. The body itself looked fantastic, but the head was a little oversized in my opinion, although at least it had a more elongated style, rather than the stockier version they've gone with for the film. Mixing elements from both his design & ADI's version would definitey be an improvement, but I think the predalien they've come up with looks great anyway.

For those who don't know, this is Dave Dorman's version of the predalien.