You're not going to believe this...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

http://www.theasylum.cc/cgi-bin/showMovie.cgi?id=137

Seriously, this is pretty blatent even for Asylum. For those that don't know, it's a company that makes ultra-low-budget-rip-offs of current popular movies. When Snakes on a Plane came out, they made Snakes on a Train. When Transformers came out, they made Transmorphers. And now, they've created Alien vs. Hunter. Wow. Alien Lockdown has just been replaced in the "obvious ripoff" catagory. Even the tagline is a dead giveaway...

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I heard about this before. I think its completely pointless. Nothing more needs to be said.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

I knew about all of those rip offs but I didn't realize they were made by the same company. Buncha idiots just begging for a lawsuit.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think this is absolutely stupid, i hate the Sci-Fi channel because they air this crap so much, although some things they show that arent crappy low budget movies are good.

"A galactic hunter chases the most dangerous alien creature in the universe to planet Earth, where humanity is caught between predator and prey."

^yes, i know DD said it already(kinda) but still......how original...

I found another website talking about Alien vs Hunter,
Here

Here's alittle quote from it

"And I know there is a fair number of folks here who hated Paul W.S Anderson's Alien vs Predator, so at least you should check it out and maybe you'll be laughing on how Anderson was beaten by low budget horror flick"

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ah come on, what's wrong with low budget films? I personally like 'em. But thats just cause im a junkie for that stuff haha

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

As pathetic as the "low budget rip-off" angle is, I'm sure it'd still be a good laugh to take a look at.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

wow even the poster looks quite similar, lets not forget "the Cavern" right after "the Cave" came out haha

May I ask why there is such a dislike of low budget films among most people?

Because, well in my experiences they mostly sucked.

Not sure why everyone else though, maybe the same thing.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

I've seen Transmorphers. Story was an obvious rip-off as well as the transforming blocks of metal that were brought to life with bad CGI.

But some scenes were actually entertainingly funny even if they weren't meant to be.

I watch low-budget movies because of this.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

There's nothing wrong with low-budget movies. Some of the best horror movies ever began as low budget. There is something terribly wrong, however, with blatant plagerism.

And yet... I have this urge to check it out...

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well i think most people here have an urge to check out everything that has to do with AvP...

As for what i think about copying other movies, giving them a different title, different character names and different actors, and making them crappier, that is crap by crappy people and should be eradicated. There is nothing wrong with low budget films unless there`s already another film about the same things on the market.

I dont really care if theyre copied or not. theres just more movie of the genre if you look in the low budget ones as well as the main stream

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Yea, i`m sure you`d love it yourself if you had a great idea and someone took it and turned it into a pile of personal crap. It`s like sand in your eye, it`s just something unfit...

Earlier I meant I dont like some of the movies like "Gargoyles"(movie not cartoon) that come on the Sci-Fi channel alot, just dont look good to me, i know its low budget but still, doesnt do it for me.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

It's not just A/P/AVP movies. Sometimes I check out bad-looking movies out of curiousity, and so that I have a bad movie and some funny moments (intentional or not) to refer to later on in life.

yea for me it's not necessarily the quality, even though i have some standards, btu the story that follows it