Alien incubation

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

We all know that when a host is hit by a facehugger, they are put in a coma and a proboscis is inserted into their mouth. But if that is so the tube must go down the esophogis or the tracia, putting the embryo into in the intestinal track or the lungs. When ripley is scanned in Alien 3, it shows the burster in a cavity behind the sternum. How do the embryo's get there if they are inserted through the mouth?

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

The Embryo is like a peice of food it travels down the esophogus down your chest. Which is why in all alien movies the chestburster ememrges through the chest. The facehugger dies when the embryo is successfully delivered into the thoat.

What I ment was the chestburster doesn't look like it was in the digestive tract. It looked like it was in a space outside of the organs and in a space all by itself. If the embryo was in the stomach, then it could just come out of the host's mouth instead of tearing it's way out of the chest.

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

My guess would have been the embryo would have moved its way to the point of the body where it would emerge. Then when its there it would settle then emerge. Thats my guess.

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

Scarred Shadow sounds really smart. Think he might be right. what im wondering though is if it travels down the throat shouldent i land in either a lung. or in the gut. But if it did then wouldent Stomach acid burn it to a crisp and maybe becouse of the Alien fluids in your bosdy give you dieahria? (im being seriouse not funny)

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well tha aliens are immune to acid burns aren't they? They have a concentrated form of it in their bloodstream so i doubt the stomach acxid would do anything. It would just be there around it without hurting it, kinda like in avp when tha pred showed tha girl how that acid doesnt do anything to them but dripping acid on the skull.

But even if it is in the digestive tract it could just crawl out the rectum or mouth. It is a baby and it wants to find the easiest way. Why would it tear open a new exit if two already exsisted?