this site

tropic, Undefined, 16 years ago

ok people,just a quick question.as we all know the site has been dead for a long time until a couple of months ago.so my question is how do you value this site,as i know of other members on here who dont value it very much and see fit to go to other sites like this and,well, speak poorly of it.im a big fan of this site,i like the people on here,i agree with dave and some others regarding the age of some of the people on here which can be a bit of a pain in the ass but i still like the site.its not as up to date or as informative as other sites GALAXY,but i like it here.

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

This is the only site I visit really frequently. I think for about 2 years I have been here and I have shared and picked up new knowledge from others and sharing my knowledge with them. I love this site. I wish I could make a site like this although I am trying to now to share my Yautja Biology I've been working on. But I would like to thank P, Dave, DeathDrop for managing a great site. Along with the MODs who have kept this site great. So thanks for making my favorite site mates. Cheers

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

I've been coming to this site for almost two years now. I first arrived at this site knowing nothing about the yuatjas, xenomorphs, and the marines. The only thing I knew about the yautjas back then was, that their names were,'the Predator.'
Now, I am here, knowing alot about all three sides, I have been very intrested in AVP. Thank you Daveberg and the Moderator team, and most of all, thank you Praetorian for making this site.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well unfortunately this site seemes to be dying again, ever since the return of My Skull and the free chat... I think most people (like myself) tend to get lazy and not try to find things to discuss anymore. This is the first forum site i ever joined and, apart from my WoW guild`s forum, it`s the oly forum i ever visit. Since i came here, my interest in "canon" aliens and predators has grown very much, and i`ve grown to despise none-canon concepts, though that won`t stop me from spawning them like crazy. The only 3 humans i respect are members of this site, and i respect them for the way they are capable of acting. I wouldn`t speak against this site even if it killed my mother, which i would do myself if i knew i wouldn`t get cought... Yea, i know you think i`m either not serious or a lunatic, but belive me, i`m a lunatic! Anyway, i love this site (figuratively) and i will be here for as long as it stands (trying to hide it from me may prove effective eventually).

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

My loyalty to the site barely remains, despite the fact that I almost dread coming here everyday due to the state that it's in. There are no decent topics anymore, the board is a ghost town...the list goes on & on.

Back in the day when we had great, active members like Topdogg & K20 on here, the forum was a much better place. It's fallen very far from grace.

I'm still here checking up on it daily, but until activity starts picking up or we actually get a decent topic that's not a bloody quiz or free chat thread, don't expect to see many posts from me.

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree with everything Stalk just said...

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

My hearts' been with this place from the start, even though i came close to leaving permanently a while back, i kinda crumbled and stayed, felt like it's my duty to remain here, through the good and bad.

It's pretty dry here right now, the free chat and my skull has completely knocked out any decent topics we had going, so i'm thinking, from now on, that stuff is staying away.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

I haven't been a member too long but I have been fairly active in my opinion. I just wanted a place to discuss some good ass concepts. My interest in the franchises was renewed when i picked back up AVP2 and played some good ass online matches, and then I saw the trailer for AVP-R and well, It just seemed like the time to join a site like this, and it honestly seemed like the koolest one. I think it has life in it yet.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

My loyalties still lie here, but my interest is gone at the moment. If there were some decent topics going, that would all change. I'm liking the sound of getting rid of the Free Chat thread again Dave, it's never contributed to the board in the first place.

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

Then it's gone - i'm getting rid right now.

Now more My skull either.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

The AvP2 trailer seemes to have dried out too soon to me, but as i`ve said, i myself am too lazy to watch it over and over again and squish every last bit of discussable information out of it. Now AvP2 would better be good, otherwise we`ll dry it out even faster... Noone really enjoys talking about something they didn`t like. As was said hundreds of times before, i hope AvP-R brings something really good to get this site back up, and if it does, then there`d better be more new alien fans too! I mean, it`s unfair for the pred clans to have to suffer alone.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I choose this place over any other. Even though its not in the best state its beats others in my view and I don't care what other people think of this place because I know they don't get what I get/got out of it.

One of the biggest reasons I like this place is because unlike AvPgalaxy, people respect your opinions and don't bash you for saying something they don't agree with, for the most.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol, as a site it sucks, the updates arent exclusive and can be found on any search engine around, as a forum its nothing compared to avp galaxy, but alot of my avp brothers are here so i stick around .... and because i know you guys would miss me if i left ...... *Cough** Long Silence .... lmfao

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I love this site, i only wish i would have joined in the earlier days when it first started.
I like the older membs here, they have my respect. But some SOME of the newer membs are childish and lower the quality of membs on the site, thankfully they dont stay long.

I have also learned many things from the people here, and given advice by some which really helped me.

As long as this site is up and i have access to the internet, i shall spend my days here.

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 16 years ago

I left this place for a while when the place was completely dormant, there were no interesting topics and no one ever visited anymore. Once the AvP-R trailer was released, some activity came back to the site.

It has, for now, dried up a little. But once Christmas rolls around we'll have plenty to discuss on how much we loved/hated the movie, the Brilliance and flaws etc..

Until then I believe there isn't too much we can do to make the site more active, we'll just have to wait...

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I joined last year, keeping in mind that my sister, who was here before me, told me that things would be great and that I'd learn a few things about one of my favorite creatures in movie history. Out of all forums that I've ever visited, this one's the greatest - not because of the updates or the information or any of that - but because unlike sites like AVPGalaxy or AlienLovesPredator, people actually tend to respect your views and agree to disagree instead of starting flame wars and mindless bashing, pointless arguements, etc.

I've actually come to recognize some of you as some real friends, even though I'm sure I've never even met you in real life. That comes rarely on the world wide web.

I came to the site in the state where things started to go from bad to worse, with the flood of more childish and younger members joining, so I kind of feel that I only added to that. Like Black said, I wish I had joined earlier where there was this said 'good time' so that I could actually experience it.

Like I and other members have said many times before, I hope AVPR gives the older members, or maybe some new members that aren't immature and childish, a reason to come back or join. I don't really want to remember this site as another one that just died out.