scarred shadow?

XenoHunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

your making a new site? whats it called?

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Its not official at all I just started I'm going to start it tomorrow. Its going to be avplegacy.com
Although I havn't registered yet. So I guess its nothing yet.

ryrak, Undefined, 16 years ago

can i be one of your mods?

Possibly mate I have to see once I get the site going. As of now I'm nowhere but when I get some accomplish I will update and provide a link in my profile. But as I said I'm far from finished.

How far have you gotten scarred?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Wow Scarred you gotta pick your mods well, i mean, i`ve seen what happens to a forum with the wrong mods, really, i was one of them!!! The only serious mod on Midian was probably Bloo... Predess doesn`t matter, she never counts for anything, thank you!

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

About moderation teams -

Pick your team wisely. You can't just promote the first five people who join your site. Have some sort of application system going, it works well. Trust me.

The actual moderators -

Being a moderator doesn't mean you get special treatment and that you get to break the rules. A moderator is what keeps the new people in check. They update the forums with any good changes, they edit and get rid of any bad ones. Not only is it their job to maintain a whole forum but it's their job to be a role model for any newer members - they can't act like complete assholes just because they have the authority to do so.

(I'm not saying this to be funny...) With great power comes great responsibility. It's not all fun and games. It actually means something to be a moderator.

ryrak, Undefined, 16 years ago

oh,okay ill be responsible,but unfourtanately you just cant take my word for it

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

yea you can't just take someones word for it. you gotta watch em and always keep tha authority to dissolve their power if it becomes a mistake. just choose carefully.

Don't worry I am not going to elect moderators right away. I am close to being done AVP is a small category on my forum. However I am having trouble designing the site. I would like to ask Killswitch or someone who has made a site on proboards two questions. One, how do you preview a skin and how do you make it the forum default. Two, how do you put the website sig on top of the page? I'm having trouble with that. Thank You.

Hey,just tell us when your done,OK?I really want to visit this site.

LoneClaw66, Undefined, 16 years ago

Make sure to put detailes about AvPR in it okay

Its not all about AVP its fantasy as well here is the adress: I still have a lot to finish with some RPG Locations but I did forget about AVP R I'll put that there when I'm done but for now here is the site.

http://www.scarredhunter.proboards59.com

Can I get your opinion on it. There are some errors but what do you think.

Okay guys the site is up now I have a few more topics to put up. I found a site that had a cool skin so I used that but I might change it soon. I google "forum skins" and it took me there so I used it. But remember follow the rules and I have some RPG Locations up so I was wondering if you guys could give me an opinion, AVp is only a category so its not an AVp site fully its name is Final Tribulation. I hope you guys like it.

http://www.scarredhunter.proboards59.com/

i just joined the site and it it so awesome everybody should join it!

Thanks Xeno I appreciate it I hope we get more members I hope I did okay with the creation of the site.

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 16 years ago

I just signed up, thought you could use a few sig makers =D

We need new members.If you want to visit the site go to scarred shadows profile.

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yeah more members are needed and if you need encrougement I have made a my skull game on SS's site as well.

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 16 years ago

rekon weneed a human clan for SS's site. so about any marines bold enough to take us on? come on kidd we need good people and you can join in the my skull game.

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

Are you challenging the USCMC, predator? If you are, then we may accept. Heh heh heh.
Sadly, if I agree on joining the new site, I would go back on my word on saying that I would never go to another site but this. Well lately, how things have been going I will accept. I love the game,"My Skull," but the majority here thinks it is a nuisance. Might as well pull down my barriers and give in to temptation, I accept.