the space jockeys

chaparoo27, Undefined, 19 years ago

kind of new to this...can someone explain to me who the space jockeys were?

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 19 years ago

space jockeys were an advanced race of aliens that bred aliens to fight the predators in a war. but they are probably extinct and the preds now have possesion of the xenos. the creature in the derelict ship in alien is a space jockey. many think they were benevolent, but i think they were malicious galaxy invaders.

In this war, their shall never be a clear winner. It will go on as long as our universe exists.

shane73036.tripod.com/avp

Brighton, Undefined, 19 years ago

Daveberg I understand there is a conection between the Aliens and the Space Jockies but my point is that, Is there any real connection between the space jockies and the predator. I t seems to me the story of the battle between them has been totally fabricated in order to make the whole saga more interesting and exciting.

do you think there is a connection or is it a load of rubbish.?????

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

thats a common theory that the space jockys 'made' the aliens but one i do not agree with. you cannot make something like that. the xenomorph evolved, in a place darker and more hostile than anyone can imagine, they were stumbled upon by the space jockys when on a last gasp mission to find some sort of weapon to defeat the predator race who were wiping out their species.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Brighton, Undefined, 19 years ago

Can I ask you daveberg or anyone else

Please don't take this the wrong way as I want to be educated, But I keep reading stories of how the Space Jockies were in combat with the predators and thats the reasoning for capturing the aliens to aid them in battle.

I want to know, Is this some cooked up story where these sci-fi legends can be elegently blended together in war. Or were there concepts of this war before the films were released?

as I am getting a little irratated with arguments of the involvement of Aliens, Predators and Space Jockies in some space war.

Please enlighten me

Regards Brighton

the knowledge of the battle between the jockys and aliens has been documented on many a site but confusion and argument begins where half of the fans would say the aliens were 'engineered' by the jockys, where as myself and the other half would like to think that the aliens evolved. the fact of the matter is, this discussion will never actually be resolved until the actual creators of the aliens/predators/jockys come together to give the fans the real explanation.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

and really, i'm not a particular fan of the whole AVP idea, i think the two creatures should've remained withing their seperate franchises, as the last film made a mockery of everything that was right with both of them, i pray to the heavens(even though i dont beleive in god) that there will NOT be another AVP.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Topdogg, Undefined, 19 years ago

its was gonna happen (avp) but both franchises r f*cked know but hey there mybe hope of some kind

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

well, without ridley scott havin interest i dont really want to see another alien film made. that is unless jim cameron or david fincher step up.....

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Topdogg, Undefined, 19 years ago

the original directers were the best but none of them are interested any more, its a shame cause they could have gone further

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

give us predator 3!!

alien_predator009.gif

agreed TD, they could've taken us deeper into the films than ever before but thanks to Paul 'i'm a jackoff' Anderson all hope looks to be lost.

there will be no predator 3. the predator films didn't do particularly well at the box office so the interest in doing another one is minimal.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

well, really, without that story i dont see anyother possibility of how the aliens would've been crossed with the predators. i don't beleive that the aliens were created by the jockys, that ruins the whole mythos and beauty behind these monsters to me, but in esscence, the producers of the movies had to think up some storyline to connect everything in the time lines, though this is not gospel.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron