Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Why Christmas???

Forum

Why Christmas???

Register or login to post
Predalien_Claw
2007-10-03 15:53:16
Undefined
I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want to go see AVP-R around Christmas time.

I mean its the holiday everyone is looking forward to and to me AVP-R ruins the mood.

I don't think many people that want to see AVP-R are gonna get a chance, because they are gonna spend their time with there families.

I'd rather have it out in November just before people get into the holiday season.
The-Wolf
2007-10-03 15:56:44
Yautja
I actually, I think it makes a decent Christmas present.

You can't controll the release date very much.
Once went by Cory and City-Hunter
Predalien_Claw
2007-10-03 15:57:21
Undefined
i guess lol.
Deathdrop
2007-10-03 16:17:11
Yautja
I might go see it with some buddies of mine right after it comes out. The theater will be virtually empty, which means we can yell at the screen if it sucks...

I do think they've shot themselves in the foot with this realese date, though. Most theaters aren't even open on Christmas.
-Bloo-
2007-10-04 00:53:14
Xenomorph
Most people aren't in the theatres the day after Christmas around here either, so if it blows like the big bad wolf does, then I can swear at the damn thing.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Stalker
2007-10-04 03:03:29
Yautja
I've never liked the Christmas release, it's just an idiotic money grabbing scheme by Fox, although since most theatres will be closed on that day, I don't see how it will benefit them in the first place.
K1LLA_4_H1RE
2007-10-05 11:43:34
Undefined
i think the release datre is quite smart because if am not mistaken predator 2 was released at christmas wasent it? and its a holiday and people get time off and there gonna want to spend time with there mates and get outta the house for a bit and i hink going to the fliks to see a horror film is a good choice.

DeathWraith
2007-10-05 12:14:40
Xenomorph
I don`t care who goes to see it as long as i and... well... most of you guys see it, i mean... i gotta discuss it with someone...

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
TITANOSAUR
2007-10-05 14:27:42
Xenomorph
I agree with The-Wolf. it makes the perfect christmas present. lets make The Predator Santa, and the Aliens his Rain deer.

"Plays More Human Than Human"
killswitch
2007-10-05 15:21:21
Xenomorph
lol the nearest theatre to me is like 26 miles away :( . But luckily i can drive :D meh , release date is determined by many things, none of which are really down to anything worth knowing
-Bloo-
2007-10-06 16:57:00
Xenomorph
I have no doubts that it'll change. Transformers was set for July 4 but since almost every theatre I know of was closed on that day, it was changed to July 3. Since AVPR is a big movie as well, it'll probably change to the day before Chirstmas Eve, or the day after Chirstmas.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Karo
2007-10-06 22:11:17
Yautja
I personally would rather it come out sooner than later, no matter when that is. I don't care that its Christmas, I don't think the people who enjoy things like Alien vs. Predator (so much so as to join any website devoted to them) are the type to care when a movie related to those franchises comes out. Personally I doubt a lot of these people are religious either, but thats just an assumption I am basing on my friends and myself. To me Christmas isn't about biblical fictional characters, Its about brutally awesome ones. Once again, haha my opinion.
Predalien_Claw
2007-10-07 11:56:18
Undefined
My personal opinion is that it would be the best if it came out right now in October, because right now people want to be scared around this time and that it fits right with the monthly mood for halloween. Christmas just seems weird to me. I heard someone comment on how predator 2 was out in halloween, but it didn't do so well in the box office. I don't think people would want to be scared in Christmas.
Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Books

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners