would avp2 be more popular if rated pg 13??

predator_1, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think it would becaus avp is the only alien and predator movies I can see.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 16 years ago

um lol....yeah i suppose it would...but it would have to be as unrealistic as AVP1 and the older fans would hate it...

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

No. It would weaken an already unstable franchise on both the Alien and Predator sides, respectively. These films were designed with a specific purpose of being for adults, containing graphic violence and tense atmospheric, even scary scenes, not suitable for younger audiences.

Quite frankly, AVP did nothing but destroy what used to be, a rock solid fan base, and brought wave after wave of young people to these forums who knew absolutely nothing about Xenomorphs or Predators. I for one am glad of one thing in this new movie - that it's rated 'R'

Its the language im talking about . they dont have curse So Much. That doesnt make a difference.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I am really unsure, and i`m sure others are also unsure, but did you just say something stupid/unwise/misscalculated? Because not cursing sure as hell doesn`t make a difference when a kid gets chestbursted. You think a chestbursting scene would seem less violent if someone said "OH POOP! EXERCISER OF THAT TYPE OF INCEST THAT REQUIRES A FEMALE PARENTAL UNIT!!!" in stead of saying "OH SHIT! MOTHERF**KER!!!"? Because i am absolutely sure that wouldn`t make a good movie. Plus, AvP basically sucked, so i`d rather be the only one to buy avp 2 (i won`t buy it anyway) then have it be as bad as avp 1 so that you can watch it, sorry!

I know but not so much of it.

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

Language or not, a movie about a giant head hunter and an alien killing machine is going to be a R rated movie!

Noone mention AvP.

your right. Im just mad cause my mom wont let me see it. And andersons movie didnt have enough blood or chesst burstings. Only about 2 human chestburstings an one predator one .

*Sigh*

It's good to see what the youngsters of today really think makes a good movie.......

Malus-Darkblade, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hmph. If it was PG-13, where would the frickin GORE be?

People are missing the point. It's about the story. It's about the characters and emotion and struggle, it's about the script and the dialog.

You can have two hours of complete gore and hundreds of aliens and several predators but that, my friends, does not make for a decent movie.

Paul Anderson and the strausse bros should take note from David Fincher, his interpretation in the franchise was superb.

tropic, Undefined, 16 years ago

fair point dave,but a lot of people associate the alien franchise as sci-fi action,which is wrong.that title is predator all the way.id classify the alien legacy as thrillers.there is a big difference people.and to try to merge the two together is very difficult as you cant please everyone,so,maybe its time to see the avp brand as a different kind of animal,try to forget all that has happened before now and maybe embrace the fact that we wont be seeing an alien 5 or a predator 3 and enjoy seeing our favourite sci-fi badasses on the big screen while we can.

I wish i could be optimistic about it, and to keep comparing is a terrible thing to do, no-one is gonna stand up to the yardstick that aliens presented, but after the shambles that AVP was, I've just got no hope left for AVP2. I really hope I'm proved wrong.

i hope we all get what we deserved in the first movie,oh well only 3 months to go for the us fans.i might have to boycott the internet for a couple of weeks in december and january.so you really have that little hope for avp2 dave?surely the trailer got your attention.for the simple fact that we get to see a bunch of dawsons creek lookalikes get offed by the big two must make you just a little happy.i wish it would happen on fuckin eastenders,miserable cockney bastards,lol

Yes, the trailer in parts caught my eye, some sweet death scenes in there, but a two minute trailer isn't going to convince me, i made the same mistake before with AVP.

I guess i'm just being stubborn, trying to find some kind of voice of reason over all the hype that is surrounding these early preview trailers.

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree with dave on this one, can't let the hype get to me. If it's good, then it won't need the hype to make it good. If it's bad, then I wont be as disappointed.

fair play dave,keep your expectations down and maybe enjoy this for what it is.dont get suckered in to the geeky fanboys way of thinking.

Exactly fellas, if you don't look forward to something, then you can't be let down when it doesn't hit expectations.

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes, that's the way I like to treat most movies no matter how much of a fan I may be, I like to keep my head about it.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

Ah dave come on, your not even a bit excited about the movie or trailer? I was disappointed with avp's rating also, but like I said I still enjoyed the movie, I maybe wrong, but I think I and many others are gonig to enjoy this one, just as well.

predatoress, Undefined, 16 years ago

Just gotta love Wraith lol Ermmm forget about that.

And amen to Dave. I don't get hyped up even the trailer was good, too many movies have been put down with bad acting and unbelieveable plot even the trailer would be awesome. I'll just wait for the movie.

As the age limit, under 13? Have you people seriously watched the original predator and alien -movies? There's material which is way more disturbing than cursing or sexual jokes.