Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Scar, the Predator Fabio?

Forum

Scar, the Predator Fabio?

Register or login to post
The-Wolf
2007-09-19 16:53:41
Yautja
I read somethings about AvP and found out that Paul Anderson wanted Scar to have a romantic character. This explains exactly why they designed Scar to have very long dreadlocks compared to his brothers. How rediculous and degrating can Anderson be to the Predator and to the Predator fans?

Discuss.
Once went by Cory and City-Hunter
predator428
2007-09-19 17:01:01
Yautja
I saw that too, what a jackass!

"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you into a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me"-Blain
K1LLA_4_H1RE
2007-09-19 17:45:06
Undefined
my god no wounder scar fell in love with that women at the end of the film.

xeno_slayer
2007-09-19 17:47:06
Yautja
how the fuck can you have a romantic predator.
its a monster. wow Paul anderson is a dickhead
K1LLA_4_H1RE
2007-09-19 17:48:47
Undefined
well said slayer lol.

Saint
2007-09-19 19:23:55
Undefined
Now that's a little harsh. I mean no that's not what people want to see when they watch a Predator movie, but he was just stuck in the same old americanized idea of movies where they always stick in some retarded love sub-story.

"I pray for the honor of a true death"

xeno_slayer
2007-09-19 19:31:20
Yautja
trust me. thats not harsh.
thersno way a predator should ever be described as romantic.
the predator movie scares the living shit out of people. he skins guys alive for gods sake. theres nothing romantic about a pred and there never will be
Saint
2007-09-19 19:37:57
Undefined
Well not from a human perspective, but i'd assume he was thinking from a Predator point-of-view, much like the books.

for the record, i don't think they should have included a romantic addition either, just playing devil's advocate

"I pray for the honor of a true death"

The-Wolf
2007-09-19 21:04:32
Yautja
Well said Xeno Slayer.

No he shouldn't me romantic at all. They come to Earth to hunt and nothing more. Not falling in love with their prey. When people go hunting we don't fall in love with deer. Well I hope that goes for everyone.

If you want a Predator to be a bit different - work on each Predator's personality for each film more. Including coragraphy. Make each one different in motion but the same hunter. Don't go out of character and make them fall in love... especially when it isn't their own kind.
Once went by Cory and City-Hunter
voodoopred
2007-09-19 21:25:35
Undefined
1. were did that 2. romantic isnt the same thing as what a girl pred would call sexy(sorry if that word is not allowd).
------VOODOO------

when the fire comes its all around and nobody can get out...........
Stalker
2007-09-19 22:08:34
Yautja
To put it quite simply, Paul Anderson isn't worthy to breathe near the Predator franchise, even by doing that he would probably screw something else up.

I'm just glad that the Strauses aren't trying to make the predators sappy or "romantic" in the next film, finally they will be portrayed as they should be again.
Deathdrop
2007-09-19 23:38:30
Yautja

I want my Predators cold, emotionally muted sociopathic killers. I want to see Preds skinning people alive, destroying property, and causing general violence and mayhem for no descernable reason.

These guys are killer aliens from the 80's. Not fan fiction fodder. I'm tired of the "Unite-in-love-stare-fondly-at-the-moonlight-I'm-so-cool" Preds of AvP with their shiny blades and soft, boy-ish faces.

It would seem AvP:R is going to rectify this problem, which I couldn't be happier about.
-Bloo-
2007-09-20 00:00:05
Xenomorph
Sad thing is, many of the so-called fans who have never even seen any of the original films like the idea of a Scar-Lex "thing," almost as sickening an idea as the Newborn.

I've witnissed such on sites like DeviantART.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Register or login to post

Predator Books

Dish Network California
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners