AvP Good?

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

As we all know the majority of us Alien/Predator fans hated AvP. But I'd like to hear what was good about it. What people liked and thought was good.

Lets see how far this goes, discuss.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

i liked the predators designs, and there new weapons, the aliens looked real which i think is good, seeing a pred ship, seeing a good predator leader design better then the that clan leader predator from predator 2 which i thought was a predator version of jack sparrow lol.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 16 years ago

I actually did enjoy the movie, my favorite thing about the movie was all the new predator weapons, and the alien design, back to the smooth dome head, it was a good movie, it just had some problems.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

The end credits. >:)

In all seriousness, the idea of a shape-shifting underground pyramid was cool.

daveberg, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think i'm one of the few older members here that actually liked the new, bulkier predator designs, the bio masks looked great too.

Oh, the Queen. She looked damn awesome. Other than that, it sucked. BIG TIME.

tropic, Yautja, 16 years ago

the set design was fantastic,the music was pretty cool and the initial setup was quite decent.just a shame that for a film that ran for 97 mins we were 2/3 of the way in before we actually saw any avp action.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I always thought it was the younger fans who liked the bigger bulkier Predators.

I prefer the originals. I'd accept maby bigger Predators than others but not like they were in AvP.

But to be possitive like the purpose of my thread, I liked the Predalien chestburster. It wasn't exagerated. It looked exactly how I think one should look like.

I liked how Scar speared the Queen in the face with his compistick.

The Queen was great.

And the Shuriken was an awesome weapon to add to the collection of Predator weapons. Thats about all the Predator weapons I liked in AvP.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

I liked the way it made these new directors want to make a good movie. And i also liked that it had aliens and predators in it, that is the only reason i watch it.

EDIT: Oh and i liked the wristblades and the predator visions. I`ve always hope for the xeno vision to be red like in the games, but green is almost read anyway...

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I quite liked the addition of the shuriken, & some of the masks were interesting, aside from that though there's not a whole lot of praise I can give it. The musical score was great, & the one fight scene we got was definitely satisfying, but obviously a good movie can't be made from that alone.

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 16 years ago

the sets were cool. the creatures looked awsome and the pred weapons were great. but the acting sucked big time and and plot was just stupid

Broken_Tusk, Yautja, 16 years ago

I like the shuriken, defiantly bad a**. I liked the bigger predators because as they are just a race of organisms like humans, they should be a great variety of shapes and sizes they grow into. I liked the blooding ritual idea, little closer look into their culture. I also liked the queen and the ending between scar and the queen. Other than that movie was a huge let down.

OTANG, Yautja, 16 years ago

I liked the idea of the morphing internal rooms as well as the link to the ancient human civilizations.

Saint, Yautja, 16 years ago

It had a very crisp look to it. Lots of good effects, good fight sequence too bad they didnt have more. The story seemed pretty good while not fully thought out though.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, I didn't like the Predator bulkiness but the mask designs were great as well as the Queen and the concept art for the movie. I agree with what Dave said at the end.
Emphasis on the BIG TIME.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

the armour the weopns the pyramid the ship and the 2 fight scenes plus the one where scar kills the alien like nothing.

AVPFREAK, Yautja, 16 years ago

I rather liked the whole campiness factor of the film. I wasn't expecting something like a masterpiece(i.e. Predator, Aliens), but a cheesy monster flick with some added and hidden thrills(I still get chills from the Predburster, I can't wait to see it fully fledged in Requiem) that could occupy my time for about an hour and a half. I was definitely satisfied, and it was fun to chomp popcorn to. That doesn't quite make up for the disappointed lack of an R rating if you think about it. It seems like a damn children's movie.

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

The shuriken was one of few good things. But my favorite was the design of Chopper (side arm blades, skulls on shoulder, exc) I just hate how little screen play he got. But I liked Celtic's design similar to the Gort Predator in Predator 2. The movie did seem childish. Its like Anderson wanted to be a little scary but not too scary because it would scare the children.

AVPFREAK, Yautja, 16 years ago

Chopper was really great, it was unfortunate he got diced so soon, I don't like that scene much (well I do, but I don't at the same time. It's just too fast of a death, but it had a nice surprise effect).

Blade_Monstrona, Yautja, 16 years ago

there was only five things in order that i liked:

1) the bulkiness of those Yuatjas

2)The shurikens

3)the Queen

4)the Yuatja Eldar

5)the shifting pyramid

Ji-Toh, Yautja, 16 years ago

Personally, I enjoyed the movie and most of its effects, as well as the amazing costumes they created for the Yautja warriors. I also liked, in particular, the animatronics of the alien when it attacked the yautja in the chamber of skulls and bones. Thats something that could get your adrenaline going...

predator_1, Yautja, 16 years ago

Me to. I meen the effects and the action. But its to short.