an ALIEN and PREDATOR tv series?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I came up with an Idea. what if Fox desided to create a graphic tv series based on the Alien and or Predator franchise? would you like the idea, or more importantly will you watch it?

Venom, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

they already have...

daveberg, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

No thanks. Would comlpetely cheapen any respect i have for the franchise.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Graphic as in cartoons? Cos if cartoons, then it`s not such a big deal. But if not cartoons, then a TV series would probably go, as most TV action series, from bad to worse, no matter how good it seemes at first. Think of what happened to "Hercules" and "Stargate" in the end, they all ran out of ideas and turned it into something boring/ridiculous. The Mortal Kombat series was much worse than the movies (even worse than the second one), and was both boring and ridiculous to begin with. Imagine what would happen in an Alien vs Predator series, they`d keep adding stuff and in the end it would be the most non-canon thing...

The-Wolf, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

When it becomes a tv series is the day the franchise dies.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I despise the very thought of reducing such legendary franchises into TV series's.

Paul Anderson & Jean-Pierre did enough damage with their films....but this would simply be the final straw for most.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

i think it would be nice too see avp on tv but not as a cartoon. and have they made a tv show about them?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

they could pull it of but for 1 sesson then it would be crap and it shouldent be cartoon it should be filmed

Both Alien and Predators belong in full length films. If they did Tv shows, they'd do anything to get a new idea for the next episode. They probably start using comic book ideas. There'd be wars of Predalien Kings against Cybernetic Aliens being hunted by Predators for example.. That would be horrible. I'd hate to see the franchise die that way. I'd rather see it end with a movie not as good as the originals, refering to Alien Resurection. (Which wasn't that bad to me, but defanetly wasn't the best)

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

What could be done? Every episode would have to have something new in it. There's only so many times you can rip off the movies.

Solo_Predv2, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I honestly dont think it would work. As others said they would do anyting to think of a new episode for every week, and to make it anything like the movie franchise it would not be appropiate for children really. So for that it would probably be on when not many children are up, late at nigth. It would be a pain to cast and tape so it would have to be cartoon most likely which i dont think fits the Alien and PREDATOR franchises. Animation would only work if it was good computer animation. I dont think id watch it, I mean i like the franchise as much as anyone else here or i wouldnt bo on this fourm and talk about aliens and predators at school.

Exactly my point, Death Drop. It would get rediculous after a while. We've seen that happen before to many Tv series.

Hunter_Predator, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I haven't seen the whole series but MK Conquest was much better than Annihilation.

By the way if AvP was made a series it wouldn't be cartoon, that would ruin the whole "Horror" aspect which is what makes Alien and Predator. If they made a TV series then most of the episodes would be nothing but either the Pred or Alien hunting humans or fighting each other. Plus, ruining AvP would ruin many peoples liking of action series, plus AvP is too good to ruin. Maybe they'de get smart and think of a story too long for movies but long enough to start a TV series and once that story has ended, end the series before they go overboard.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well, maybe they could do it for one season like what's said above this post, with a similar idea that they did with Heroes but instead of superheroes, they use major sci-fi characters like Terminator or something.

Or maybe not. Well, it worked in the comic mini-series.

predator_1, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

IT WOULD ROCK OUTLOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DONT KNOW WATCHU TALKIN ABOUT STALKER!!!!!!!

The question is, do you?

Sigh..

People like this is getting on my nerves. I like this site because everyone respects each others opinions and thoughts which is why I enjoy it alot more than Avpgalaxy. You say something they don't like or understand, you'll get slaughtered for it. I'll never mention Nichaols Cage as a good person to cast for a future Alien/Predator movie now..

---

Bottom line, I liked the sequences on Predator Conrete Jungle but if they made a show it would get way too personal and completely advoid the Predator's orginalality. Things like that should stay in the games and comics.

devilpredator88, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

i believe they should have a nonanime tvseries of aliens vs predator vs terminator.

al shall fall

skullhunter220, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

i agree with most people that if they made a tv series it would just turn out crap in the end. but they could make an animated movie, but they would need a good actor and keep it in the correct theme

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I don't know if it would be a good idea for the tv series or not.

!) it would answer all the questions in a year, then this place MAY not be no more, or filled iwth crap, that is rhetorical or just plain stupid.

2) it would be a good idea, because it would give us answers like, females, and aliens, and other stuff.

But, I might or might not watch it, I just don't know if i am ready for all my questions answered

No.