Culture Shock

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

Does anyone else want to see a Predator movie in which they show the predator culture? Like say start the movie one the ship before the hunt and stay mostly with the Predators through the course of the movie. By no means do I want to remove all the elements of mystery from the predators, but I think that would be pretty interesting to see a movie from that perspective, kinda like the Predator books.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i would like too see and understand more about there hunting culture, and the way there honor system works.

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

Actually the honor system is very interesting. If you play Pred games either from ps2 or pc, it show's what the honor system is like. If you harm one that is unarmed, that is frowned upon. But, some books are not considered Cannon, Like a few sites i have seen is not worthy of Yautja or Alien. BUt, stalker would be able to go more on the topic of honor and laws, of Yautja (predator)

daveberg, Undefined, 16 years ago

You have to remember that the comic and game universe is a non canon extension of the actual movies. Alot of the material used in the later media was made up for marketing purposes and to grab the attention of younger audiences to expand on the reach of both franchises target society.

Personally, i wouldn't like to delve into the Predator culture, we'd be sitting through subtitles and probably treated to an exploitery scene of them mating or something along those lines. Somethings are just meant to be left alone, it adds to the mystery and makes the viewer engage their minds more, giving them something to think about.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Dude, don't give Discovery channel anymore ideas. It was they who did that 'real Aliens and Predator' bullshit too if I remember correctly...

concretehunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

i think they shold make a encyclopedia on preds or a book based complely on the planet and somthing about the culture

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

But even if they did, it wouldn`t be canon. Unless it were in a movie. And the book appeared in the package with the movie.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about them in a comic or something, bu I would prefer the movies stayed away from that sort of thing.