AVP Pred weapons

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

I don't get why in parts of the movie it showed the pred weapon melt from xeno blood, like when celtic fought grid head alien, but like whne tha other guy cuts with his shuriken it doesnt melt?

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

acid proofing...

yea but why dont they jus like acid-proof every weapon?

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

because wheres the challenge in that, if everything is acid proofed then nothing will get destroyed and the pred may MAY! never have a disadvantage in melee combat. The whole point is to make something acid proof but not everything so a challenge comes out of it when a wepon gets destroyed. If everything was acid proof that would be just like having a gun with unlimited ammo, except the weapon doesnt melt.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Acid proofing all of their weapons would take a certain element of challenge out of the hunt...although since the wristblades are a predator's most trusty weapon, I have no idea why they wouldnt've treated them against the acid.

yea thats true but isnt the real challenge in handling the weapon, not just learning to improvise should the need come up?

Also i've forgottent to add in the concept of money, or the equivalent of buying. maybe they just couldnt afford a full acid-proff set, or maybe you have to earn tha right by earining honor throught the hunt.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

There are many different possibilities, the main one being, as you suggested, the need to actually earn the acid proof weapons. Although part of the challenge of the blooding hunt would be to make things as difficult as possible to truly test the unbloods, so they may have purposely had their standard wristblades (& possibly other weapons) taken from them, & been fitted with a new set specifically for the hunt, which would be susceptible to the acid. This is highly likely, as it was shown that they "loaded" a new pair of wristblades into their gauntlets as they prepared themselves inside their ship.

concretehunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

and a pred can kill esaly but the pred code of honer states that the oponent must have a chance

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

Some of their weapons were made from xeno exoskeleton. It's all in the novelization.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hm... i figure they should earn weapons that are made from exoskeleton, as in kill the aliens themselves and bring back the exoskeleton from which their weapons are to be made.

But i don`t know if the novel version of a movie is considered canon, so it may be irrelevant...

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

i would imagein on some occasions a well trained expirence hunted makes his own weapons from the bodys of his kills.

thats true because i've seen weapons and armor made of bones of a prey