Facing the Devil

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

I was recently watching Predator 2 and i've noticed that when tha yautja came for King Willie, he seemed prepared for it. Kinda makes you think he was prepared to face the devil. I'm jus thinking how brave you would be if you stood face to face with that in real life.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well as Billy was prepared to face the Predator, in the first film, King Willy knew what was coming and in my opinion, chose an honorable death. Of course those two senses are similar in that a battle never even ensues and they are both dead before the audience knows what happens.

I think facing certain death has something to do with having quite a nihilist, yet realistic perspective. You can always call it bravery, but I guess you never know till you are there.

TITANOSAUR, Undefined, 16 years ago

yeah maybe Billy and King Willie just desided its best to face there demons. in these cases they both lost. either that or they both knew the Predator was gonna kill them eventualy and desided to end it swift.

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yea, plus that shows a kind of maturity of the spirit, to stand there and face their enemy and possible death. In both movies it was the guy that seemed very spiritual (even thought they dont really show that about Billy, you just get tha sense of it from him).