Your Movie Review

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

I was thinking when I saw reviews on AVP and they said Two Thumbs Up. I laughed so I was thinking why not post my own review. So I guess why not.
Not Worth the Money. A heart breaker to some fans.
I really don't know but I guess this topic is just to write reviews on your favorite out of all the movies and the least favorite.
Predator 1 Review
A genius piece of work. Two Thumbs Up.

Do you have any reviews?

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

i'll right mine when i get the chance.

daveberg, Yautja, 16 years ago

*Write*

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

sorry i type to fast.

daveberg, Yautja, 16 years ago

Impressive reviews everyone........

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Thanx!

But most of us have already said so many times what we think about AvP... it`s geting pretty boring...

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Alien Vs Predator, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, is a great popcorn flick. Decent action and plot, but as an Alien and Predator film, it's somewhat dissapointing. It didn't give me that same feeling I had when I first saw ALIEN or PREDATOR. Yes, we all know those feelings. The first sight of the magnificent creatures gave us chills, they were very original and nothing like we expected. AVP unfortunately didn't give us any of that.

Now, onto the actual Aliens and Predators. The designs were alright, but the Predators were like bulky barbarians picking for a fourth meal and the Aliens were shiny raptors with an insect-like style of living. The many Aliens and Predators in the film were also quite dissapointing. Scar was a bit of a chump, Celtic was a little too over-confident (which led to his death) , Chopper wasn't given the chance show his true potential, the Queen was a mindless tyranosaurus rex with some shiny armor on, and the Aliens were protrayed as a little too powerful, or at least that's what I've heard. That said, tut tut, Mr. Anderson, and especially you, FOX.

Now, onto the humans. The acting was barely passable, some scenes were O.K. Some of them aren't even worth mentioning. Hell, all but two of them are barely worth mentioning. The only Alien veteran we have here is Lance Henrikson, which plays the role of Weyland, who dies much too early on in the film. Lex was okay, but didn't deliver that Ripley-hero-feeling. Needless to say, I wasn't too fond of the humans in this film.

For something that's supposed to be Alien Vs Predator, there isn't much Alien Vs Predator going on. There are probably two, three major scenes where the Aliens and Predator meet. The others aren't too good. I especially hate that the humans (when most of them are still alive) weren't actually given a chance to encounter many Aliens and maybe two Predators at the same time. I know that isn't possible due to the way the Aliens come into the film but it would be nice.

The most notible part of the film is probably the Grid Vs Celtic fight, then the Queen Vs Scar fight, which are still a little lacking in places.

Overall, like I said, it has its popcorn value, but it's very dissapointing for something that's supposed to be an Aliens and Predator movie. It's an alright watch, and it's worth popping in the DVD player if you have nothing better to do.

I give this one a fun, but dissapointing, 5.7 out of 10.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

I kinda thought Wraith was answering Sarcasm with Sarcasm.

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

I have a couple things to say about the AVP movie.

I'm gonna come clean and say I get some guilty pleasure out of Paul Anderson's AVP. HOWEVER, I think it is unreasonable to reverse engineer a film in order for it to be pg 13, especially when the franchises it was combining have both always been rated R.

Regarding the Unrated Cut

This unrated DVD did improve the film in its slight instances of gore and pointless things that were cut out, but by the time it came out it really was too little too late. Now if that were the original version of the film that was presented to me in theaters, I may well feel quite differently about it. I guess we will never know, but the pyramid was still a shitty idea.