AvP2: Pred bias?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ok, we all know Paul Anderson liked aliens better. It was pretty clear in his movie, and it pissed a lot of people off. As you all know by now, the AvP2 trailer has hit the internet. In it, the lone Predator of the movie is offing xenos left and right. He killed one with a plasma caster, one with the new whip weapon, and there's even a quick shot of him holding two xenos at bay with his bare hands.

It's looking like the Pred is going to dominate this time around. The question should be obvious: If the new movie is anything like the trailer, it appears as if it favors the preds. What's your take on this? Fair? Unfair? Discuss away.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

this new film is deffently unfair

wolf against alot aliens and a predalien, maybe a queen surely this is deffently unfair how can the aliens win? lol

Bilogicalpred, Yautja, 16 years ago

to tell you the truth i think this movie is going to be one of those sci fi channel movies with cheap acting and poor action. the aliens look like they are made of cheap plastic material and the lines are really cheesy i thought the first was really good i dont see what was wrong with the first. predator is like some kind of superman pred thing...fighting off tons of aliens this is of course unfair.

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well AVP was definately unfair to the Predator fans the way Anderson killed them off by hesitating each of the Predators ultimately causing their death. Chopper hesitated to attack Lex so the alien killed him. Celtic hesitated to kill grid which allowed grid to break free from the net and kill him. maybe from the trailer we Pred fans are just excited. In my opinion this movie is definately compensating for the first one. So I think its fair.

Also we havent seen a blooded experienced hunter fight any aliens in a movie yet. The Predators in AVP were unblooded so this movie should show us something new. (Sorry still can't edit my posts.)

Broken_Tusk, Yautja, 16 years ago

The preds in the first one got wupped because they were as shadow said unblooded, however i still don't think a single alien should be able to kill 2 predators.

In AvP2 this shows Wolfe as a predator like we've seen in the predator movies. Wolfe is a warrior who so far appears to have been in plenty of battles with aliens, there is no reason that a single alien or even two or three should be able to take down an experienced pred, unless he makes mistakes. The books and comics talk of blooded leaders taking on swarm after swarm of aliens with just melee weapons. This is something i would expect to see from a warrior.

Now if there happens to be a queen and he takes her out with melee weapons thats a little much. We will see as i have said before the Strauss brothers seemed that they may have put together something we've all been waiting for!

FireHunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

well, at least the predator have a chance this time.
first it was the predators got their @$$es kicked because of paul anderson, now it's that theyve got too much chance

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

I dont really think it would be too unfair, an human with alittle defensive skills could fight off a few thugs if he wanted too, i dont see why a pred couldnt hold off atleast a few aliens, with melee alone.
From the looks of the helmet he looks very experienced, and the aliens would probably be new drones at best, atleast until after reaching full maturity.

Unfair: alittle

Taking it too far: nope.

People could always find a way to think of a versus movie as unfair, not saying every versus movie is unfair, just someone could say....

"this side won, and i like the other side so i think it is unfair because my side didnt win"

City-Hunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

I think they went with realism. Aliens aren't unstoppible like Anderson protrayed them to be in AvP. Another point is that this Predator is more experienced, he has more potential for kicking these aliens ass compared to the unblooded teenagers. Also with one Predator in the film, what do you expect?

I'd like to say fair. Fair for me, I love the Predator and it works out after seeing Anderson's AvP.

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 16 years ago

the only problem I see (Pointed out by my older brother who is an alien fan) is when wolf is holding the aliens off how is he preventing them from using their tails? sorry but it had to be brought up.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

i wouldent be surprised if a warrior pred takes down a queen with a combi stick and that new whip.

hell i would even laugh my head off if wolf just finds a queen and throws a sticky plasma grenade (kinda like the ones from halo 2) at her and he says "...hu? too easy"

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

Well, in avp, the aliens were stupidly conjured... so i don`t care what was fair and what wasn`t. I can`t agree with anyone who says "I don`t see what was wrong with the first movie" because the first AvP was utterly stupid. I posted most of the stupid stuff in the movie in some topic... Ofcourse aliens aren`t unstoppable, no living organism is unstoppable, but aliens aren`t stupid and don`t just act on instinct. They have the same Intelectual capacity as the humans and predators, maybe even a higher intelectual capacity than both combined, since the alien`s brain mass is much bigger compared to the rest of the body mass, which means that it has that much more brain of the brain to use for thinking than for controlling the body. This means that they learn very fast, and have good memory. But even so, they aren`t born with any knowledge so their intelectual capacity is not very important.

Now... why would an alien not be able to kill two predators since you`ve seen one do it? Some people say that in reality the predators would bla bla bla bullshit. That`s how the movie is and that`s the only reality you`ll get. A naked fella with no eyes who eats your brain is just as ustoppable as a dressed fella with heat vision who takes yor skull. They are just two different creatures, one vain and dumb, one shameless and dumb. Well, at least in AvP they were both dumb.

So anyway, if a predator can hold on to two aliens at a time while they do nothing, then those aliens have to be pretty dumb, but still, if you only have one predator, what do you expect? It always depends on who the main character of the species is, because that character will kill more than any others of his species.

Actually Alien Ressurection shows an aliens's smarts. When that one scientist was messing around with it the alien hit the wall withits inner mouth. So the scientist hit the freeze button and when the alien went to hit again the scientist put his hand over the button the alien stopped. Which proves the aliens were fast learners.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Don't forgot all of these moments...

1.) The Aliens actually found a way to get out of the cage and set the other ones free.
2.) After doing so, they tricked a harmful human into going into that cage, and using the said button to turn the tables.
3.) Although they can't speak or have their own language, who's to say that they're stupid? Aside from human factors, they might aswell be much more intelligent than us.
4.) They aren't mindless. One Alien took the commands of the Queen and carried Ripley 8 over to her, not doing a sloppy job whatsoever.
5.) Actually finding where Ripley 8 was going to stand and then abducting her.
6.) Hiding in some of the most unobvious and random places you can be.
7.) The Chesburster in ALIEN examined the hosts as it popped from Kane's chest. It then scurried away, knowing which would become hosts and which would become an egg.
8.) The Newborn being able to run as fast as Ripley 8, undetected.
9.) The Queen. Yes, that reason is good enough.

I'd probably have more later but these are the ones I can come up with at the top of my head.

Dont forget it Aliens when the queen used the elevator, or when the aliens ambushed the squad from the ceiling.
Just because we didnt see the Aliens use tails or anything when the pred was holding them up doesnt mean they didnt later on, we just saw clips...
For all we know the Aliens could have been taken by surprise somehow, and if your taken by surprise or panicking your not gonna think of everything as fast as you normally would.

Plus this could be just another 'draw' film.
The predalien imaled the pred from the back with his tail, and the pred put his wristblades up through the predalien's head. It could end like that because we have no way of knowing where in the movie that is.

No species is unstoppable like many have said, but experience plays a part in it.....

We haven't seen AvP2 so we don't know every angle of the scene where Wolf holds the two Alien by the throat. I'm sure he doesn't spend forever holding them. I'm sure he does something right after he examines them.

Those are my thought for that scene.

EDIT: Is everyone pointing at me about Aliens not being stupid? Because I never said they were stupid, they are obvously beyond intelligent... I was just saying I hated how they were protrayed in AvP.

I think it was the "End of Avp(predalien)" topic that made some supporters or preds seem like they thought aliens were weak or stupid.
P.s. No Offence to Kill in any way for making that topic.

devestater, Yautja, 16 years ago

HEY I SAY THAT THE ALIEN IS WAY BETTER THAN BOARING OLD PREDATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

random....

devestater, Yautja, 16 years ago

I say that that predator is an expert hunter that gets killed and then the weaker preds half to face up aginst the aliens