What are the Biological structers of the xenomorph?

donut, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

does it have any similar organs that we have, or does it have any at all?

~Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning~
DONUTSIG.jpg

daveberg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

organs are far different than ours, they alien dont even possess lungs. the vein structures are completely unique, they have to be to house the acidic content of their blood type. hey donut, long time no see.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

hehe hiyas

~Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning~
DONUTSIG.jpg

pvthudson, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Uhhh, aliens have to have something similiar to lungs. They breathe, they make sound, that's all done with some sort of air. Granted, they don't have lungs like humans do, hell they have different lungs than the predators. Predators need more nitrogen in the air to breathe well. But the aliens still breathe our air, and still need air.

We got Nukes, Knives, Sharp sticks

well since their aliens, it wouldnt be weird for them not to have lungs. they could be breathing through those pole looking things popping out from their backs

DONUTSIG.jpg

aliens dont have lungs (read the ancher point essays on alien biology)as they dont rely on oxygen to survive, the aliens in resurrection had closer to a human system as they carried ripleys dna. aliens, as i've said before use their dorsal spines to filter any gaseous or liquid substances through their body which is then broken down and fed into the acidic blood stream which fuels their body, hence the fact they can survive in any environment without dying - be it underwater or outer space. if you rely on oxygen you have no means of surviving without breathing aids in space.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

=[] ooo, cool beans!

DONUTSIG.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

great post dave.

All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen

thanks mate.

oh and just to add - the air you see being expelled from the aliens - that is used to 'power' the secondary jaws, it works like a piston, air is taken into a cavity within the cranium and the blasted out at an increased pressure to 'fire' out the secondary jaws.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

o0o

DONUTSIG.jpg

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

"And now class pay attention to Professor Daveberg, Xenomorphist extrodinare, as he enhances your brain cells in this exciting Xenomorph Phisiology 101 course."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. You probably know more about Xenos' biological structure than the human one. Oh, and the Anchorpoint Essays are beyond great reading; would love to do my science research papers with Xenos as my subject.

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

pvthudson, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

See, that doesn't make sense. If their inner jaw was powered by air they wouldn't have the controll that they do have. It would have to be a muscle or ligament structure. You say they don't have air, so how do they make the roaring noises. They would have to have air to make those noises. Look at space no air, so therefore no sounds. They would have to have air. I believe in what the writters of the original story have said about the biology, not some person who just wrote up something. That is why I don't believe in the books / comics. When Ridley Scott was studying for this movie, they looked specifically at insects as their design. they studied how this one insect was able to penetrate the outer wood of a tree and laid it's eggs in a bug living in that wood. The acid blood however makes for a great story, was just some guy who asked the question, why not just squash him like a bug in the alien movie. So they gave him acid for blood as a defense mechanism. When you are thinking about the biology of a species, you have to think about who created it, and use their ideaology.

We got Nukes, Knives, Sharp sticks

excuse me. but if you haven't noticed. i hate the comics and books. and as for the roaring sounds - again, the aliens do take air into their bodies but it is not the main source of fuel, it is broken down into compound chemicals and fed into the bloodstream, their circulatory system is nothing compared to ours, its scientifically know as an 'open circulatory system' simular to that of a fish etc, the alien has no lungs. a being which relies on oxygen to breath CANNOT survive in space. these are studied theories taken from various sources, i get research on facts form all over the net and official books on the creatures and collaberate data to find out what the general opinions are and then formulate my own from them. these are not from the pathetic comics or books which break the boundaries of what i find to be plausable. ganted your response on the alien being able to make noise is a factor as without air there is no sound, buttttt - again, the alien can survive in any environment, with air, without air, underwater, and as been stated from so many sources i've taken time to read, the aliens dont posses lungs or 'need' oxygen to survive.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Iseijin - the ancherpoint essays are absolutley fantastic, i've read few other biologicl sites covering the alien that have gone into such great depths as that, i do however make sure i read a wide range of theories from various sources before i make my own opinions,, most you'l find are quite simular but lack the detail that ancherpoint produces, technically though, when all is said and done, nobody actually really knows how the aliens work, the only one behind that is H R Giger.

ps, thanks for your email, i'll reply a little later tonight.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

WHo is this guy H.R. Giger and where are the anchorpoint essays, I would really enjoy learning more about these to topics.

All Bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Go to the Links section on this site. It'll take you right to the websites mentioned, or you can just look them up on any search engine.

~ No one is taller than the last man standing ~
~ Males conquer, females rule ~

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

H.R Giger is the current most brilliant artist of modern times. He designed the first alien, as well as the creature from "Species"

Everyone is insane. The ones in the nuthouse just got caught.