Alien tail position

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

Why does the xeno's tail in Alien come out on its front when in all the other movies it comes out the back?

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

If you mean "How come the alien stabs people while facing them instead of having to turn around?"

Then that would mean the alien probably put the tail between its legs and the tip could just impale people because its long enough to reach under and forward.

If that wasnt what you meant then can you explain?

What I meant was in Alien the xeno's tail came out of the crouch area in front. In the others it comes out the back near the pelvis.

ScarredShadow, Yautja, 16 years ago

Do you mean like what BW said to impale people?

I don't know how I can explain this any clearer. In the special features of Alien it shows the costume in detail. The tail is sowed on to the front and not the back.

City-Hunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

Can you get a picture of this?

rayne, Yautja, 16 years ago

dont worry dude i get what your saying and its probally one of thoughs "the alien has 3 fingers in Alien ** and 7 in Alien **"

honnou, Yautja, 16 years ago

i know what you are taking about , its when its is coming down the chains to kill Brett ( Harry Dean Stanton)

the tail is coming out of the crotch

in the books for the movie you can see it really well , I'll scan it and post it here in a few mins

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Wait, you mean his tail is actually "backwards" ? I haven't seen Alien in awhile but all of my other Alien 1 possesions such as figures and screenshots show his tail being in the back like any other regular Xeno.

honnou, Yautja, 16 years ago

Ok , this is the photo I was talking about

http://www.honnou.com/alien/alien-dong.jpg

It’s a production photo from the book Giger’s alien

This is the part where the alien is about to kill Brett

If you look closely you’ll notice it in the film too,
I always wondered about the tail being on the front

I just figured it was done for this shot so you know see the tail coming down slowly before you see the alien’s body

That just it. Its a production picture. They are just taking for the production.

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

The alien does look like the tail is on its crotch.
But i always thought that the alien would move the tail under itself between its legs and then shoot it forward to impale someone.

EDIT: The conclusion is that there has to be a good reason why its there and it defanetly wasn't there for the picture. My guess is they might have needed it there for shooting the scene.