Alien vs Predator: Annihilation

Waralien, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Well here it is. The first chapter.

Alien vs. Predator: Annihilation

Chapter One: The Beginning

Just a few months later, the Colonial Marines arrived with one mission, save any and everyone they can. Slowly coming upon the docking bay 39, the Marines awoke from their cryogenic stasis pods. Their sergeant, already awake, began to order them around.
“Alright maggots get up and get going! Were about to touch down in a few hours so I want everyone prepared and ready to move out!â€Â
The soldiers, still groggy, got to their feet and readied themselves. One of the soldiers, named Jason Valdez, was strapping the armor on himself when the sergeant called him over.
“Yeah,†he said. “Valdez,†the sergeant replied, “you’re going to lead the frontal search force for those survivors. Got it?†“Whooah†he replied.
Valdez then headed down the corridor to the armory.
“Hey Valdez hurry up and get your weapon and ammo we’re heading off already!â€Â
Valdez turned to see Roger, another soldier in his platoon, waving at him.
“Hang on! I’m still a little messed up from the reactivation.†he shouted at him.
Valdez hurried to him, grabbed the pulse rifle, some ammo and grenades and took off to the bay area just down the corridor. When he reached the bay he was greeted by the rest of his platoon.
“Ok is everyone here? Good, now our mission, if you haven’t heard, is to rescue some surviving people aboard this colony. They’ll give us some information on to how this installation got to be this way.†he told them.
Suddenly the intercom rang out “Attention units prepare to move out.†“Yes sir!†they shouted. After a few minutes they touched down on to the main bay area. The main hanger door open to a sight, not to mention a smell, worst than they could have imagine. Buildings were broken, streets were covered in a thick resin material, and corps littered the surrounding area.
“What did this?†asked one of the soldiers.
“That’s what we’re here to find out.†answered Valdez.
Valdez split the group into two teams. The first team would search the inside of a few buildings. The other would search the surrounding area for any signs of life.
“All units, I repeat all units, report anything suspicious or other wise.†Valdez radioed his team.
Valdez’s was to search the interiors. They looked through many of the buildings. Some looked like they had been used recently; others looked as if a fight broke out between someone and something.
“Interesting,†whispered Roger, “very interesting.â€Â
Claw marks and bullet holes were present in many of the floors and walls. Valdez thought this is weird, why are there holes in the wall. Was someone trying to stop something? But without anyone there to answer he could only guess. Thus he continued to search. Back outside on the streets the other group continued their search but with just as much luck. Even though their search continued to come up emptied handed they were able to inspect the dark secretions that covered the area.
“Strange, this stuff, sturdy as steel and yet soft as skin.†murmured one of the soldiers. He continued on, “It feels almost, almost,â€Â
“Almost what?†asked another solider.
“Almost organic.†he replied in a cold tone.
After forty-five minutes of searching the team almost gave up until a radio transmission brought them back to earth. “Hey Valdez you better take a look at this.†With a nod he led his team to the others who had called. In a minutes time they reached them. They were waiting near a monitoring station.
“You better take a look at this.†he told Valdez.
Valdez looked at a recording dating some years or months ago. It showed a recording of an entrance way from the third sector. The recording seemed damage and out of focus. He continued watching until something caught his interest. Several dark, shadowy figures seemed to zoom by the screen. Again he replayed the scene. And again the shadows did the same thing.
“Well I don’t know what’s going on but we can’t ponder about this. Let’s go.†he said at last.
After an hour of searching they reported back to the ship with no survivors.
--------------

“We searched high and low but there seems to be no life at all on this colony.†said a frustrated soldier.
“Well there’s a new problem. We lost contact with Bravo and Charlie. They disappeared somewhere around sector 7. Their assignments were to access any main terminals to show how this disaster came.†said the commanding officer.
“Let me take a guess,†said the soldier, “we’re now to find out what happened to them along with the survivors. Am I right?â€Â
“Yes you are.†the officer replied.
The soldier ended the transmission and headed back to the rest of his squad who were camped out in an abandoned school.
“Valdez can I have a word with you?†he asked.
“Go for it Gus.†Valdez replied. After a brief relay of the information
“What do you mean they went missing? They were the best out of our entire company.â€Â
“Couldn’t believe it either,†Gus said.
“Well let’s get to work. Listen up everyone we have a new assignment two of our companies went missing and our new assignment on top of our current one is to find them.†Valdez ordered.
With that the platoon got to their feet and left the school. They were traveling along a transit leading out to the main access, until Roger broke out.
“Hey Gus do you remember where command lost contact with the companies?†asked Roger.
“Uh yah they lost contact with them in sector 7 the main district.†he replied.
“Then that’s where we’re headed.†spoke Valdez.