how do predators give birth? egg (reptile/insect) or live young(mammal) ?

x_saysell, Human, 16 years ago

this question has puzzled me for a while now because,

1. They have female predators which suggest they mate
2. I am 95% sure i saw a belly button on the elder predator on predator 2 last night wich suggest ambilical cord
3. They have hair which is only presant in mammals

4. They dont have warm blood (when in thermal vision mode they cant see their hands)
5. They have mandibils which are only seen in insects

so what how do u belive they they are born egg or live birth?

xeno_slayer, Human, 16 years ago

you actually present some good points here.
id say from that alone that they give birth, i really doubt they lay eggs

Yea ano they dont seem like egg layers do they but to me they even seem reptilian and the main thing that grabs me is the cold-blooded-ness.

6. all mammals have red blood the predator has green which is common among insects

well i think its safe to say that preds are NOT insects.

no i think they give birth, the cold blood thing is probably just a continuity error.

Just because, they are 7ft+ tall doesnt mean they couldnt be some kind of insect like organism....

I geuss the cold blood thing could be something to do with the cloaking device

predator428, Human, 16 years ago

There is one thing you are forgetting. This is an alien creature. It can't be classified as a reptile or a mammal. You can't classify a life form by Earth standards if it's not from Earth.

It that case you cant classify a Xeno as a paracitic organism as that is a earth term and the same for callin a Predator a hunter

Hunting isn't a genetic characteristic. The hunt so we call predators hunters.

By the way who calls xenos parasites?

On Alien 2 bishop reads from the chart that they are a paracetic organism (I think its Alien 2) and on Alien Ash comments that they are a paracetic life form.

So do u think they are a differnt form of creature outside of the classification fields we use for animals on earth?

well, they're humanoid. so if they arent a mammal they would most likely be something else. which could just mean that they operate differently than creatures we are used too. but it doesnt mean that they dont give birth.

I'm just saying that restrictions on animal classification can be more leniant for an alien life form.

But in the end it would have to fall into one catogory, but which one could it possibly fall into because, it has features from all forms of organizms

I guess if you really want to classify them as an Earth animal the closest would a cold blooded mammal.

Lol so it would realy be in its own class ...

unless it was like a duckbilled platerpuss

so i supose it would give birthy to live young
i just cant imagine a pregant Predator

This has gotten very off topic so to answer the original question, I have heard that female predators have breasts that would indicate live young.

-Bloo-, Human, 16 years ago

Actually, mandibles are in anything that has a jaw.

-Bloo-, Human, 16 years ago

And second, earth does not have every single possible living thing that there ever was every universe, so we obviously haven't discovered every kind of lifeform there is in these universes. We haven't even been able to discover every single lifeform on our own planet. Predators may as well be part of a common class of mammals somewhere else in another universe, with some smaller intelligent animal resembling them like monkeys and apes to us.

black_warrior, Human, 16 years ago

I was kinda thinking about Preds being reptilian because since some think of them to be reptilian in part for appearance, and as some people compare Aliens to insects such as bees or ants. And on earth Reptiles hunt insects like Preds hunt Aliens.
I do not believe in preds giving birth as reptiles but i was just throwing another way of thinking about it out there.

I believe preds give birth to live young like mammals, and some things from earlier posts back that up even though none of anything we say can be truly classified as fact until seen in a movie or something done by someone to do with the history of the yautja.

solo_pred, Human, 16 years ago

In my head i think they give birth to live young like humans cuz of there humanoid shape and parts, Though they do look kinda reptilian they wouldent lay eggs, but some reptiles do give birth to live young (saw it on animal planet) so mabeyl they are reptilian

Stalker, Human, 16 years ago

Predators are next to impossible to classify, since they are not an Earth-bound member of the animal kingdom. They are alien creatures, meaning that they could fit into any of the possible categories, especially since they possess features from so many different animals on Earth.

Their build & stature is clearly mammalian, much like that of a human, wheras their skin texture & makeup can vary wildly between individuals, from fine lizard-like scales to hard crustacean-like parts. The comment about being cold-blooded is also somewhat inaccurate, as it doesn't actually mean the blood is cold, but rather that the creature cannot generate its own body warmth, & needs to gather heat from an external source, such as the sun, to keep its body functioning properly.

The predator's own body heat has also shown up several times on its thermal vision, pointing out another inaccuracy, although since the creatures use thermal netting to help keep their body at a certain temperature, nothing is really proven either way.

Overall, since the basic structure of their body is primarily similar to that of a human, I would guess that they give birth to live young, although I doubt there will ever be a final answer to this.