Invisiblity

shadowatching, Undefined, 16 years ago

I hope this is understandable.

Ok, a predator cloaked can hide where he is as best as possible. But, when a weapon is used, it is hidden till it leaves the hand. But, when a human is in there hands they are not invisible yet the predator is. How come?

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I see what ya mean,

"How come the invisiblity does tranfer to the human also, since the skin of a pred is invisible but what it touches isnt?"

I always kinda thought the mesh and armor played a part, but there is nothing covering the hands.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

It's a bit of movie magic there I'm guessing, as things like trophy skulls that the predator might have on it are also cloaked, despite the fact that they are not a part of its armour.

A possibly theory is that along with the main cloaking field generator on the predator's left wrist gauntlet, there may be ways for it to implant small recievers or even secondary generators inside external items on its body, such as hanging skulls, etc. which will activate along with the main cloak, & camouflage loose items. This would fit, since prey wouldn't have any such device on their bodies, & therefore wouldn't be affected by the cloak.

As far as the weapons uncloaking at certain points, it is quite possible that they are able to be individually switched between visible & camouflaged.

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

What Stalker said. lol

Another point is, if the Predator's gear and whatever he touched cloaked that would mean the surface it is standing on would cloak as well.

Like Stalker said, its movie magic. There's not really in explaination.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

It sicks that i cant edit, i just needed to fix some things. Supposed to be between Stalk and Cory's posts.

I was thinking of the little sensors that picked up on a main generator in the wristcomp could be implanted. I guess it is alittle like Stalk was saying. I was kinda thinking the sensors could be placed under the nails so it would cloak the hands and the spaces inbetween other sensors and the wristomp. But if what i think would be true then that could mean things under the sensors(since the sensors would be placed on top of something) would be cloaked while things ontop like enemy flesh or clothing wouldnt.

I guess it would be explained like tape, things on top arent stuck while things under it are. Sticky side down.

solo_pred, Undefined, 16 years ago

Verry good question...

well to rule out one thing... its not natural, if it was they wouldnt need a device or genarator to cloak. (something little off topic here not about a pred but could be used to explain) K i watched this show on the discovery channle about the futre, and they where talking about little sensors weaved into clothing that could not be seen to detect coutensness and healt things... mabbey thats how the preds armor and mesh work the sensors are rigged to the mask and wrist gauntlet to show vital sings and stuff and to go cloak so the suit and the pred cloak. The wepons would be made with the sensors like Black warrior said inside the shaft of the combi stick as an example and since the plasma caster is attached kinda like armour it would cloak but not cloak the plasma beam... The sensors in the wepons would react to when the cloak device is activated. To explain The Trophy thing the preds could c arry around extra sensors to put on trouphies like on the outside of the skull or inside. or mabey when they clean it they spray something on it (thinking about pred 1 when the pred cleans the skull and sprays like bleach and steam ) that has microscopic sensors that react to the wrist gauntlet...

i kinda took after the sensor thing

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

A yautja's armor, netting and weapons have emitters built in to cause a cloaking effect. Just because the emitters are touching something or someone doesn't cause the cloak to effect them.