Predator Prequel?

City-Hunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

I always had some thought of a Predator film placed farther back in time.. Maby WW2.. possibly in africa.. Those ideas could be suited up into more of a movie idea but what are your thoughts?

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I like the idea of the WW2 setting as a Pred Prequel, and i am sure other things would fit.

I remember reading some things from a website that was talking about some history and preds but i think it was in comics or plain made-up stuff.
I think they said something about samurai that would be hunted by preds in old tokyo or something that sounds pretty cool. Although i dont think it would go so good in a movie.

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 16 years ago

Actually, I really like the idea of a Predator story being set against a historical event, such as a world war or maybe even a plague.
I like that alot.

I just like the feel of a WW2 film. It would have lot of simularity to the first film because of the war scenerio and then theres the Predator hunting them all. A hot time in Germany. Maby even in Japan. It would be awesome to see the Predator hunt down a Japanese soilder. Seeing how there could be a katana involved. It just interests me.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hmm... I never thought about it like that... I guess I was wrong. That would actually be entertaining and satisfying. I like the idea of WW2 and the hunt of different kinds of soldiers. Like you said, it would be like Predator, but with a new twist.

I really wouldn't care if it was a new generation of Predator films or just Predator 3.

tropic, Undefined, 16 years ago

predator 3.set in vietnam war........what u think.proper jungle warfare.ww2 was a little too open.

starring some guy from a tv show

and some guy from a tv show from the 70,s

also starring burt reynolds and talia shire.

its time to fry...........

Why thought the WW2 idea was good it because I get a good image of the Predator in some destroyed German city or town.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

I've always thought seeing the predator in a war scenario would be interesting. To my recollection, that was the theme of the "Predator: Cold War" comic, in which the creature hunted down soldiers from both sides, & the opposing forces had to band together to try & survive against it.

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

in a trailer the african desert was caused by the predators bomb

What trailer?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

I hate WW2 movies, i always get bored, people dying constantly in the same way pffff... But if it has a predator in it, that would be very interesting.

(Ah wtf has happened to me, now i even say "pfff"? I`m never playing WoW again!!!)

I think you're talking about the Transformers trailer, where Scorponok owned the desert village...

FireHunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

yeah, that was a kick ass movie, WW2, eh? hmm, yep, agrees with me

Inferno, Undefined, 16 years ago

Sounds pretty cool. I don't know about africa though. The plains sort of take away from the predators stealthlike ways. WW2 is a great idea though.

Africa.. just throwing out some ideas. It probably would be hard to make a Predator film in Africa. But there could be a few cool scenes in an African setting.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

In Africs you could have preds hiding in Cactus, or under the sand if it were a desert setting mostly. lol

*imagines pred having to use medicomp for cactus sting*

Actually, I think I've seen a cartoon parody of that on Newgrounds, or that could just be me remembering false memories...

Anyway, if it was real, the Predator hid from a fangirl in a cactus and the cactus was like nine by four feet or something like that...

But the last time I visited Newgrounds was almost a year ago...

the_doctor, Undefined, 16 years ago

the whole predator in the past situation has always been appealing to me. we see it afew times in the comics, mostly to my knowledge in "the bloody sands of time" which was a pred in WW1. the story was a let down to me though. seeing a pred in WW2 on the european front would be cool though..there is a great story in the making there.
i also wouldnt mind seeing a pred in the old west, you know have a bit of native american legends/myths in there and that.
wasnt there a comic that also showed how the elder pred in P2 got the flintlock? that could also be another cool thing to explore in a film.

Inferno, Undefined, 16 years ago

Old West... I like that idea.

didn`t we already have native american legends in avp? still, the jungles of the aztec times would have a chance of making the movie closer to what predator 1 was. STILL we can`t have a kid on a flying skateboard from the future and an aztec with a staff can`t really compete with a predator. That would be more of an AvP game setting in my view.

oooooooooooooooh, by "native american" you mean "not really native american but pretty close, still" okokokokok, forget what i said. Also, i can`t imagine a guy with a revolver has limited ammo and it is very hard for a predator to miss an obvious target. And if it gets to the target doing what Dutch did, well, didn`t Dutch already do that once?