ChestBurster?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

Is this where the Chestburster got its snake form change from a turkey? I know it's just a design but it probably inspired the little snake we have today.

hr_giger_alienmonster_V.jpg

EDIT:

hr_giger_alienmonster_III.jpg

Plus, some pyramid drawings probably from a time when AVP wasn't even a possible thought:

hr_giger_alienhieroglyphics.jpg

The guys getting infected suspiciously look like Jockeys...

Celtec-Predator, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

ok i know this has nothing to do with the chestbuster but where did the space jockey come from??

Stalker, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

As far as I can recall, Giger wasn't even the one who designed the chestburster, his initial design was rejected & so it was left to someone else to create.

I remember one of the first designs being a Resident Evil turkey, but I'm not sure if that's the one he did or not.

City-Hunter, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

I'm not trying to be perverted but is that a private part coming out of the end of the tail of the alien on the first picture.

Celtec-Predator, Xenomorph, 16 years ago

well H.R GIGER is known for doing stuff like that(thats very disturbing)

Many of Giger's designs are probably known best for their disturbing references to the human body. For instance, the Queen's head looks very similar to something I'm not going to name on the female body when turned around. Same goes for the Facehugger's "insertation tube" and the Chestburster itself, and probably for the same reason as the Drone's head because they're similar.

There are many other references but I'm not naming them. Sorry to anyone who's offended by this.