Alpha status being passed?

black_warrior, Yautja, 16 years ago

I have been wonding this and cant remember if it has been asked before. For example at the end of AvP when the queen is frozen(or dead) and leaves the predalien to be the last alien of the hive, does the alpha status go to the predalien since it is the only alien and not a queen?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Good question. What I think is that it only gets the temporary rank of the Grey, which is what the first-seen Alien was. Succesfully creating the superegg would probably make it the Alpha Alien from then on. If it fails, it dies.

Celtec-Predator, Yautja, 16 years ago

the predalien is not the alpha.at the end of its lifecycle it turns into an egg,so the facehugger in the egg would be the alphe(im not a geek)

Aliens dont turn into eggs at the end of their lifecycle, i do believe the end of a lifecycle is death, not reincarnation.

Uh, a lifecycle doesn't continue with the same individual...

Celtec-Predator, Yautja, 16 years ago

ok...in the first movie it started to slow down at the end,if an alien finds the alien that died it takes the dead alien and turns it into an egg(thats how ridly scott intended it to be)

The Grey kept Dallas (I think it was?) to turn him into a Superegg which holds the Superfacehugger, never its own brood.

Would that count as inbreeding if the alien turned a hive member into an egg? lol