sinthetc pred limbs?

predalienking2, Undefined, 17 years ago

In pred.2 the pred loses it arm. what if they could make a similar apendage?

i've got a face that'll scare the devil,,dead.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

I wouldn't think it would be dishonorable. Having a mechanical hand because the real one was lost on a glorious hunt would be comparable to an old scar or something.

I would imagine (based on the look of most Pred technology) that it would be very obviously mechanical and visually stick out.

deathdrop1.jpg

predalienking2, Undefined, 17 years ago

they are advance spieces. it would be easy as pie.

i've got a face that'll scare the devil,,dead.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

An arm made out of metal and nailed into the stump is hardly 'hiding' anything. It would be like an old army guy walking in with a hook for a hand. You would probably figure the original limb was destroyed in a battle situation. Tht's what this would be like.

It would be a visual way of saying "I've been through hell; don't mess with me."

deathdrop1.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Some parts of their arms are already mechanical, cause the control panel, the energy flechet and the wristblades... well... except for the blades... are implanted in theyr arms and conected to theyr neurons. So they do have the technology for it, but i think they would have to make arms of the same strength as the real arms and legs. But even so, wouldn`t it be kind of a shame to have been so badly injured and to try to hide it? Where`s the honor in that?

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Considering how highly advanced the preds' technology is, a fully functioning synthetic arm would probably be something quite simple for them to achieve. Although as Angus stated, it may be considered a dishonour to replace lost limbs.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Alienation, Undefined, 17 years ago

So it's a fight to the death then, right? Well they do have a last resort, their detonator bomb, but I wonder if they don't have both of their arms?

Alienation-sig.jpg

I am the Warrior alien of the Hive

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes. I'd assume they would have some sort of strict policy opposing the hiding or fixing of an injury from such a glorious hunt. It would be dishonorable, wouldn't it?

00Alien_sig01.png

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Doesn't sound too outlandish. I'm betting the Predator race might have the technology, although I don't know what their honor code would have to say about that.

00Alien_sig01.png

You mean replacing their real arms to a robotic one when losing it? I guess it would be good since if that robotic arm got chopped off again, they won't feel it(i think)

Alienation-sig.jpg

About replacing their limbs?

Alienation-sig.jpg